CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Crazy electrical problems! NEED HELP! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/crazy-electrical-problems-need-help-111387/)

Dieseldmook 05-29-2010 01:01 PM

Crazy electrical problems! NEED HELP!

Let me start off with a quick bit of history. My bike is a 02 F4i. I havent had it since September, until today, as I got hit and some repairs needed to be made. Since I was going to have it painted I changed a lot of stuff on the bike. I will just list the electrical components that were added. Pig Spotter" mirrors with LED turn signals, new smoke turn signals, new undertail with LED turn signals and brake light, and a new battery as mine wouldnt hokd a charge after 6 months. Well I noticed today when I click the right turn signal the left rear illuminates, but neither of the front turn signals work, and viser versa for when I click the left turn signal. I know there wired in as when I arm my alarm I see the front right turn signal flash. I fure all I have to do is switch the wires to the opposite sides for the rear turn signals, but I have no idea why the fronts wont work. HERE IS THE CRAZY PART...I was driving the bike today for the first time in a long time well my odomete some reason says I have 50000 more miles then I do. Everything else was working fine until about 20 minutes in the ride I slowly lost all of my tach except the clock. When I lost everything I noticed when I hit my rear brack lights everything on the tech would light up. Can someone please give me any insite as some of the repairs made were without OEM plastics and we all know how hard those are to get on and off. I know I cant do it byself anymore. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED and a wiring diagram for these circuits would help.

DBEAU 05-29-2010 01:12 PM

50,000 miles is a lot to go unnoticed.

Dieseldmook 05-29-2010 01:56 PM

Well It didnt go the mileage it says it was...It doesnt say anything on the guages now besides the clock. I dont have running lights and when I hit the brake now all that dimmly lights up is the nuetral N.

__Z__ 05-29-2010 02:05 PM

ur ODO reading is unexplainable because its digital guys have tired and tried to do digital roll backs so i have no clue how urs did a roll forward by itself lol

as for u other problems... u just need to check and recheck ur wirings... im sure somethings not quite right...

Dieseldmook 05-29-2010 08:40 PM

I will use a DVOM tomorrow to get the wiring in the tail right even though the only thing I coulod find wired wrong was the turn signals and they seem to be the only thing working right LOL. As far as my guages slowly dropping out one by one I find that crazy. I dont see what the cause could be. Anyones help would be nice as I do not have the cash flow right now to pay a shop to fix this.

Kuroshio 05-29-2010 08:47 PM

Your odometer prolly switched to kilometers. When you get it working, verify that it's set to miles

Dieseldmook 05-30-2010 01:07 PM

Ok guys here is where I am at now. I fixed the rear turn signals so right is right and left is left. I have brake lights now as well. I still do not have running lights but when I check for voltage with a DVOM I get 5 volts. I checked for voltage on the front turn signals. I orignally had only the orang and orange/white wires hooked up as the flush mounts are a 2 wire system. I tired hooking up a ground to see what happens and nothing. I still only have a guage cluster if I hit the brake switch. Can anyone help with getting me the correct schematic? I can not afford to take the bike to the dealer.
Thanks,

Kuroshio 05-30-2010 01:09 PM

Is that while the bike is running or just with the key on?

__Z__ 05-30-2010 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dieseldmook (Post 927578)
Ok guys here is where I am at now. I fixed the rear turn signals so right is right and left is left. I have brake lights now as well. I still do not have running lights but when I check for voltage with a DVOM I get 5 volts. I checked for voltage on the front turn signals. I orignally had only the orang and orange/white wires hooked up as the flush mounts are a 2 wire system. I tired hooking up a ground to see what happens and nothing. I still only have a guage cluster if I hit the brake switch. Can anyone help with getting me the correct schematic? I can not afford to take the bike to the dealer.
Thanks,

hey man if u search on here a couple pages back (could be more than a couple now) there is a entire pdf of the service manual... thatll have everything u would need

Kuroshio 05-30-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 (Post 927582)
hey man if u search on here a couple pages back (could be more than a couple now) there is a entire pdf of the service manual... thatll have everything u would need

http://www.stephygee.com/f4imanual.zip