F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Crashed, can't get bike started.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bypass the tip over sensor, maybe it's broken?

Old 04-24-2012, 03:52 AM

If the relay is clicking it really sounds like the battery. Try jumpstarting it, possibly the battery leakes acid or grounded out after crash. Use a car battery (not running) or jump pack, or charger on low volts. Those little batteries will fry to easy.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 PM

God told me to come here and tell you to cut/bypass the B.A.S, (bank angel sensor) out. Its the cause of a ton of problems. When the key is on, what r the head lights telling u? On/off? High beam avail? Just please bypass it. N go from there. And I was just kidding about the god thing. LoL

Old 04-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the tilt sensor,you may have mounted it on wrong.Should have an arrow pointing in direction to be mounted.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 PM

Have you tray to disconnect the headlights that you just connected and try to strat it?, if your bike start after disconnecting the new lights that you just changed, it means the cables are wrong connected to the battery, I fixed my CBR like this after installing neon lights, good luck

Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by angry slide
Hello. I crashed my f4i I got it back home put the headlight back on and tried starting it but all I get is this box next to the battery clicks. The fuel pump primes but Instead of the starter starting the bike I just get clicks from that box. Any suggestions?
1. First off what year f4i do you have? I am EXTREMELY familiar with the 01-03 wiring diagram.

If you have an 01-03 f4i then your Bank Angle Sensor is working properly; I’m not saying you don’t have some other problem in the front of your bike, but if the fuel pump is priming then your bank angle sensor is fine (tip over sensor).

The BAS controls the “engine-stop relay”……The engine-stop relay distributes power to various components, one of which being the “fuel-cut relay”….the fuel cut relay is a relay (or triggered switch) that sends distributes power to the fuel pump, and the fuel pump ONLY; nothing else. (NOTE: these relays I speak of are located on the right side of the bike, under the tail fairing)

THEREFORE, if he has a 2001-2003 f4i, I am 100% certain the BAS is performing its required function (triggering the engine-stop relay). Still wouldn’t hurt to bypass it to be 110% sure (jumper the two outer wires on the 3-wire-plug for the BAS).

2. Is the starter cranking/turning the engine? I read the entire thread and could not find anything verifying this. All I saw was that the bike it not starting.

3. You say you rear-ended someone, so does this mean that only the front of the bike is damaged or did you drop the bike after hitting the vehicle? I ask this because I need to get the full idea of where damage was done to the bike.

**Please try to fully answer each question and separate the topics by paragraphs. It will help us keep everything organized and will help me understand your problem. Also be as detailed as possible, to avoid us misunderstanding you. If you work with me here, I will keep trying to help as best I can and put some time into looking at the wiring diagram again. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I see so many people, on forums, giving the minimum amount of details, not being specific, being very confusing, etc, etc. This only confuses both parties and makes the troubleshooting process very difficult, especially over the internet.

Thanks,
Ed

Old 04-28-2012, 04:01 AM

Yes I would say it is a starter problem to more than the bas.