CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Crash Poll (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/crash-poll-99380/)

NateDieselF4i 09-16-2010 09:56 AM

Man - I've done neither as of yet (two and a half years riding) but I refuse to select that option because I know if I do I'll down Isabelle the next time we go out.

Stien514 09-16-2010 01:57 PM

As I was told long ago, "It's not if you ever have a wreck but when you have a wreck".

Sprock 09-16-2010 08:14 PM

Nope, but plenty of almosts and guardian angel recoveries ...... so far !

Grove600 09-16-2010 09:16 PM

its not if.... its when

Nelso 09-16-2010 09:23 PM

Been ridding since 92 so far, so good

Grove600 09-17-2010 03:57 PM

riding a motorcycle is not like crossing the street by any means....

i wrecked because i was cruising around with my buddy one night and went arounda turn and hit loose gravel.( PA ) . you NEVER know when something is going to happen. as simple as that...

i do not wish anyone to wreck. im glad that some have not. it sucks... but it is very true to say.... again... its not if. it is when.

botlfed 09-18-2010 07:19 PM

I've been lucky enough not to go down at all. Knock on wood.

joeroberts 09-25-2010 01:52 PM

LOL hard for Me to vote cause I cant be truth full and select both
I'v laided it down a few times
I hit a car in one well slid into it that is
and 3 time I just laid it out.

Berto 09-28-2010 08:56 AM

Depends on how you define crash, I guess. Is falling off in a parking lot or at a traffic light a crash? Is dropping the thing while maneuvering out of the garage a crash?

I don't agree that everyone will inevitably crash. There's a small population of riders who through a combination of skill and good luck have never done an unplanned get off. I met an 80-year old guy at the mall last year who saw my helmet and struck up a conversation. He stopped riding at 75, but never had a crash in nearly 50 years of riding.

On the other hand, most of us won't be so lucky because of the odd wet or oily patch, the loose gravel, idiot car drivers, overcooked turns and so forth. I watched a Harley run into a ditch at Deals Gap over the weekend, purely due to lack of rider skill.

If you run at the track much, you're almost certain to crash eventually. Last time I did a track day a discussion of who had crashed devolved into who had crashed the most. Nobody in the paddock was a virgin.

Prepare for it. Wear the gear. Stay in the bubble.

--Paul

Spencer_530 09-29-2010 01:29 AM

ive heard that its only a matter of time too. but i like to think that it isnt. i know it requires luck and even more skill.

had a super close call today. ive been riding for a little over 2 months now. today i was going through a weird intersection in town, though slight observation skills will keep you easily safe through. a 50 year old driver and passenger pull up to a stop sign which crosses my path. i dont have a stop sign and am doing the speed limit at 45mph. Ive been taught by fellow riders to treat every car as if they dont see u and every intersection as if a car will cut u off. as fate would have it, he cut me off as i was entering the intersection. he froze dead scared right in my path. with the way the intersection is buit, there was no going around him. i got on the rear brake and began squeezing down on the front. i was pretty lucky. didnt go down or hit the car. but i attribute this to 10 years of bicycle riding. i was able to maintain balance and i know how hard a brake can be pulled before it locks.

a lot of skill comes into play as to whether or not you go down in certain situations

OutlawF4 09-29-2010 02:04 AM

Expect every car not to see you and to pull out in front of you. Your buddy was right there. And look 100's, if not 1000's of feet ahead of yourself and your bike. Anticipating what a car ahead might do, therefore, getting you to think what you might have to do to avoid a collision with that car if he doesnt see you and pulls out. Think far ahead! Ghostrider says so.

Desperad0 09-29-2010 02:47 PM

I flipped over forward while trying to take a turn too fast. I was really new and not used to my bike.
Dislocated shoulder.
Lots of road rash. Could have been much worse.
from what I was told my bike did a complete flip and landed wheels down 5" from my head.
Scary. :icon_couchhide:
I have since gotten tremendous amounts of respect for all bikes and have been fine ever since. :icon_teeth::icon_teeth::icon_teeth:

terror rising 10-13-2010 08:52 AM

Been riding for three years and just crashed mine. It was a noob mistake though. My buddy lost traction in front of me and I watched as he tried to regain it to make the corner. He ended up running out of pavement and sideswiped the guardrail. I got caught watching him instead of preparing for the turn (or stopping, which I probably could have done). I believe I hit the front brake while turning which kicked out my front and sent my bike into a guard rail post, myself into another. Dislocated my hip, minor scrapes on my knees, forks broke off the bike.

Survivalism 10-13-2010 03:33 PM

Took a 15 mph 90 degree left hand turn at 40+ on the touring tires the PO had on the bike, peg feeler scraped hard and it was over, rear slid out and the bike slid into the side of the canyon wall, breaking my tail fairing and mangling my license plate ( looks really cool all beat up IMO :D ).

Been riding for a bit over a year and was just riding way too fast for the conditions and my experience level.

Oh btw i didnt get hurt at all because i wear ATGATT, that means full racing boots, full gauntlet gloves, good textile pants and a nice leather or good textile jacket that zip to the pants as well as my helmet.

Lucentinjection 10-13-2010 04:17 PM

I am definitely a fan of ATGATT. I see some people riding on the highways in nothing but a helmet, shorts, T-shirt, and tennis shoes...God help them in a crash. I heard that (depending on the conditions) regular jeans only last about 7 feet in a slide before they disappear.

jayred3002 02-26-2011 10:04 PM

Well fellow f4i riders my bike is down but hopefully not out. I had a high side crash this past wednesday.Im not hurt just my pride.