F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board
View Poll Results: How many of you have:
Crashed into someone or something.
19.01%
Layed it down without crashing into anything.
45.42%
Have been insanely lucky or skilled to have down neither.
43.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Crash Poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by MartiniRossy
No amount of respect, riding skill or luck will save you! If you havn't been down, you're going down, that's the only thing guaranteed about riding bike.
So true. Its not how many years you've been riding but how many miles. If you've only got 3000miles then you haven't ridden very much regardless of timespan.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike and ikes
This is what I'm talking about! Why does have to come down to fate?
Not sure, but that is what happened to me this June. Layed it down at 60.

Everyone I talk to says you'll have an accident at least once. I just sold my old kz650 to a friends dad, he wanted to buy it because he wrecked his when he was younger and loved the bike. My dad was also in an accident where a lady pulled out in front of him and then stopped when she saw him. Neither my dad or friends dad have been in an accident since their first ones.

I think it's the same as a car, everybody has an accident, some are fenderbenders while others are worse.

Sorry about the long read

Old 08-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Virtually everyone I know has gone down at some point or another. Due to some of the weirdest things ever- one guy dropped his Ducati due to a flip-flop in a parking lot. Some people get lucky/are more skilled/however you want to put it.

If you've been going strong for three years, that's awesome. Don't worry about if you will or not, just realize the odds are pretty high against you and ride carefully/gear up.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:07 PM

I think it's the same as a car, everybody has an accident, some are fenderbenders while others are worse.
Yeah, you are probably right. I've had two accidents in a car. Although....in a car I tend to feel a bit more invincible due to the amount of metal around me. On a bike I'm much more careful and aware of my surroundings.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

too many to count on dirt bikes/quads

2 on the street, I laid it down (yes I laid it down) Was dodging a dead possum, then a live possum ran out in front of me and I swerve to miss it. Got into the grass at dusk and let it go. the bike went end over end up a embankment and into a 9' fence. She was totaled. I tumbled along side the road and got purdy rashed n banged up. Only proper gear was a helmet, had jeans, tennis shoes, and a jean jacket (it was cold out). So I can testify JEANS dont work as proper gear!!! And bare hands + pavement = ouch!!!

Second was a lowside on the Dragon. I lmao the whole time I was sliding in my leathers (was fully geared up). Bike slid across the road and stood up against a old sign post. Damage was a broke mirror, brake level, bent rear brake peddle, and bent kick stand. I came out w/o a scratch and road the bike home after a lil rigging on the brake level. frame and barend sliders did their job great!!

Old 08-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Default My wrecks

Well my first time crashed I just got my 98 F3 brand new less then 200 miles on her took a corner to wide and got into some sand and high sided it . The 2nd time I crashed I high sided it into the side of my buddies dodge dakota truck bed,when he took up both lanes to make a right turn.That left a nice imprint of me in the fetal position right behind the right rear tire. 3-broken ribs,1-broken shoulder blade,gash on my right knee,collapsed right lung,pulled groin= 3 days in ICU. The 3rd time it was cold out and I had a GP race compound tire on the back and just started the bike and i took off with the choke still on at a high idle. The bike went completely side ways 3 times "fish tailed" and low sided it and all that took place on a street with cars on both sides I got lucky on this one.
Lucky I was younger back then and I bounced better than i do know.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:34 PM

I´ve crashed into trees and fences but never into a car.

1st one was with a little Vespa in the woods, just having fun doing some jumps and the last one of a series I pushed it and flyed right into a fence leaving me with a small steel wire trough my abs

2nd was with a NC30; wheelie over a bump and she just took of under me. A back pack full of tools saved my back from serious rash. I did broke a rib though.

3rd a Gixxer 750 seized in the twisties the day that I picked her up. Coming out of a pretty wide and fast left sweaper she locked the wheel and throwed me into a tree, my buddies said it was superman worthy, I can´t remember squat. I was pretty banged up and in the hospital for 3months with a crushed foot, obliterated knee and femur, hip, jaw well the works. After a year and half of recuperation I´m back in the game

Old 08-22-2009, 04:14 PM

lowsided into a bicyclist in the canyon roads when going to hard into a right hand turn..it was like he saw me coming and he kept going the way he was going and straight into my lowsiding path.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:27 PM

Im not going to answer or vote to the question above. Don't want to jinx anything..

Old 08-23-2009, 06:11 PM

lol...falling hurts i got some gnarley road rash on my arm...wear gear please

Quick Reply: Crash Poll