F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Crack in clutch cover. Won't go into second

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crack in clutch cover. Won't go into second

Hey guys,
I just put on my new zero gravity double bubble windscreen and new bar end mirrors. Gotta love Christmas. Anyways after putting them on I took it for a ride. As usual I let the bike warm up to about 120 F. Then I took to the streets and not too far in to the ride I popped a little wheelie. I wouldn't consider myself a high grand master wheelier or anything, but I think I'm pretty damn decent and I know how to take it easy on the clutch while doing wheelies. So anyways at about 9 o'clock on the wheelie I heard a loud TINK! So I quickly ended the wheelie, not hard, and ten discovered that I could no longer shift into second gear. I have my shifter reversed like motogp, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. So I can drive around in first but it's a bitch to get it back into neutral. And there is a approx 2" crack coming from the top left bolt on my clutch cover. Im pissed and kinda scared. I have the money to fix it but its just a big hassle. Anyone know how much it could be or why this might happen? Could my 1 to 2 wheelies a day, on average, have caused this?
All constructive positive feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I highly doubt this was caused just from wheelies, but wear+tear combined with wheelies perhaps? Good luck.