F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

couple f4i questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple f4i questions...

I bought some flesh mount from turn signals for my 01 f41 and im just wondering what im going to have to do i know it requires some drilling and such.. is there any step by step directions on this site or can someone tell me what has to be done as far as removing stuff, drilling, and installing?

Also.. has anyone ever tried to remove the HONDA lettering on the bottom of the side fairings? and does it look good or should I leave it or what?

Old 03-23-2006, 02:00 AM
Default RE: couple f4i questions...

I believe that a flesh mount is either so weird type of piercing, or possibly even a sexual position of some kind.

However, a flushmount is a turn signal, and is in no way related to a flesh mount. As for installing, it depends on the brand. But in most cases no drilling is required. Most replacements just sit in the original holes. However, there are some exceptions.

As for the HOnda lettering, NO WAY MAN. LEAVE IT! That way when you get your knee down people can see the make of your bike.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:18 AM

yeah yeah! flesh mounts would be weird on the bike man. I don't know about intallation of the acutal flush mount, but taking the farings off to get to the signals is pretty simple. It actually tells you how, step by step in your owners manual. You will need to remove the lower farings and the inner faring to get to the back side of the stock signals.

As for the honda decals, I am all for the removal. I took mine off after like a week. The way I figure, Honda ain't paying me to advertise for them, so why should I? Taking them off was easy. Just a hair dryer and about 20 minutes. Then clean off the left over adhesive with goof-off or something. Don't forget to polish it up with your wax spray... honda's spray is the best. Anyway, you can look at my gallery to see what you think. I will be adding some new pics soon. I just but on a clear alternatives integrated tail light and an undertail kit tonight... looks bad! I am also going to order some new decals to put the wings back on the lower faring, but with out the f4i logo. If interested, you can get decals at http://www.replicals.com/index.php?cPath=21_30 Good luck man! Let me know if I can tell ya anything else, and don't forget to post pics of your mods!

Old 03-23-2006, 04:22 AM

yeah flushmounts sorry thats what I meant... Thanks for the info and pics there... still not sure if I should do it or not... anyone else got a say in this... or any pics??

Old 03-23-2006, 04:31 AM

I put these on but I had to make the holes on the fairing a little bit bigger. I think they turned out pretty good.

Daniel Thompson