CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Corbin Seat Question (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/corbin-seat-question-123472/)

Carl Trooper 04-04-2011 10:36 PM

Corbin Seat Question

I just bought a 02 F4i and its awesome. My only complaint is the seat!

Its a rock! I hate it! I can't ride for more than 25-30 without my ass going numb.

I have heard everyone talking about corbin seats, are they really THAT much better?

I sure hope so.

Just wanted to know people that have had both and HOW much better is it?

I was hoping just 20-30% improvement.

Any opinions

Tommysf4i 04-05-2011 06:41 AM

I have the corbin seat.........very comfortable! Recommended!

jeffjones 04-05-2011 06:54 AM

The only thing about Corbin is they hold there value.
Which means it is very hard to find a deal on them >$150 is the average.

kazspeed 04-05-2011 07:58 AM

I have always heard pretty good things about Corbin seats, I myself have thought about buying one off and on. There are a few people on this forum that have one...I am sure they will chime in.
And jeff is right, even used they are >$100

Sirsabattini 04-05-2011 08:39 AM

i ordered one and had a dilema with the difference in my shipping and billing addressed *too lazy to change it at the bank after i moved lol* and all in all they wanted 503 dollars for front and back. now in my opinion, corbin is mostly known for their "name and reputation" but realistically, you can get it done by any upholstry shop for half that price if even that much. i got quoted by 3 different guys to redo the seat, add gel, and 1/4 inch memory foam, and do the cover to custom fit my bikes paint, and he quoted me 250. so are they comfy? yes. are they worth the money? god no.

kazspeed 04-05-2011 09:06 AM

$503???? WTF?
Never hear anyone paying that much for a Corbin.....

DetroitF4i 04-05-2011 10:03 AM

I have the Corbin seat and its really much more comfortable than the one that came with the bike.

Candypaintdrip 04-05-2011 10:17 AM

I love my corbin and so does my gf. They said the seats have a break in period of 2000 miles, intially they will feel a little stiff. After they break in they will conform to your own ass basically. They took down my height, my weight and even my inseem when I placed the order. The only uncomfortable time is say at a stop light with my legs down holding the bike up, due to the slope of the seat. But while riding there is NO comparison between stock and the Corbin. Corbin wins all day, it repostions your body and your legs slighty, makes a huge difference in my opinion.

Amatsu Mikaboshi 04-05-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Candypaintdrip (Post 1034900)
I love my corbin and so does my gf. They said the seats have a break in period of 2000 miles, intially they will feel a little stiff. After they break in they will conform to your own ass basically. They took down my height, my weight and even my inseem when I placed the order. The only uncomfortable time is say at a stop light with my legs down holding the bike up, due to the slope of the seat. But while riding there is NO comparison between stock and the Corbin. Corbin wins all day, it repostions your body and your legs slighty, makes a huge difference in my opinion.

My wife hated her seat and we just took it down to a local upholstery shop and had them redo the padding. It is way better and only set us back about 75$. Looks exactly like stock and feels much better. The padding that comes with the stock seat is super hard, from what I can tell they shaved some of it down on the butt area and added more cushion. Worth 75$.

Aken 04-05-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by kazspeed (Post 1034879)
$503???? WTF?
Never hear anyone paying that much for a Corbin.....

That's brand new for both seats.

I got mine on Ebay for about $170 and it's one of the best investments I've made on the F4i. Keep your stock seat if you intend on doing any hardcore twisties or track days, though.