Old 04-28-2007, 04:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Corbin Seat

i'd like to be taller

Old 04-28-2007, 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: jayking232003

Ok, So my Corbin seat came in today, I put it on and thank god I'm tall,, Not only does it give me a totally different riding position, but its wider and sits higher,, so me @ 6'1 actually have my feet flat on the ground without alot bending,, however, I always kind of set up on my bike,, this makes me seat back a little further,, anyways,, any of you noobs thanking about getting one,, just some advise! Also,, It is a hell of alot more comfortable though! If any of you want to see a pic let me know, I'll post one!
I would appreciate seeing a pic when you get a chance

Thanks

Old 04-28-2007, 09:09 AM

I am 99.99999% ready to get a corbin. I like all the benefits I hear.

However, I don't know which material to get. I have a red/black f4i... and I'm thinking about having the material of the corbing be made of high-gloss corbin. They sent me a bunch of material samples to look at and the high-gloss CF looks really nice. Matches perfectly with my carbon yosh and my carbon triple tree cover. Only problem is I'm concerned about the durability of it. Corbing states it lasts just as long as the other materials but the natural materials like black leather tend to last a little longer.

ANY PICTURES OF DIFFERENCE CORBIN SEATS WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Definetely interested in a new seat but saw the $300 price tag on the Corbin which is a lot of cash to me right now, not that it isn't worth it. Has anyone here used Sargent to re-upholster their seat as they advertise on their website a service where they can replace the foam on a seat with "Super cell atomic foam" which I figure HAS to be more comfortable than the stock foam used on the CBR600, but maybe I'm just getting old...

Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 PM

I also cringed at the $300 price tag. That said, if I got another bike, and the price for aCorbinwas $500, I'd still buy it. After putting over well over 5k miles on it, I gotta say it's the absolute best mod I've done to ANY bike EVER. However, I do quite a bit of semi-long distance riding (500 mile days are pretty common for me), and use my bike more than most people use their car.

As far as materials, I got the basic deal. It's leather that's cut to look like carbon fiber....sort of. I bought mine on ebay (NEW) for around $275 shipped....$25 cheaper than Corbin's website price, which doesn't include shipping.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:17 PM
IDL

ORIGINAL: TRaGiK

I've also got a Corbin on my 01 F4i and love it.

It's definately not for SHORT people new to riding. I'm 5'7' with a 28 inch inseam, and am on my toes. However, I'm used to being on my toes on pretty much every bike anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all.

It definately slides you back in the seat and kind of "cups" your ***. SUPER comfortable. The same time I put the seat on, I also added Gen-Mar bar risers, and the bike is comfortable for 500+ mile days now.
How do you like the bar risers? Do you have any pics?
I'd like to be able to go on long road trips but my back gets a little sore after an hour or so

Old 04-29-2007, 04:26 AM

Name:  Corbinseat005.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  50.8 KBHere are some pics with both Corbin seat and original seat to compare it with.
Name:  Corbinseat002.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  46.1 KB

[IMG]local://upfiles/5072/FFECB79C02A74A4EBD6FAD45FF53921E.jpg[/IMG]

Edit: If mods want please downsize photos. I am not real good at this yet. Thanks

Old 04-29-2007, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: IDL
How do you like the bar risers? Do you have any pics?
I'd like to be able to go on long road trips but my back gets a little sore after an hour or so
With the Corbin Seat moving me farther back in the seat, the bar risers essentially put me back in the exact same seating position as before the seat (and accompanyingbar risers). Know what I mean? Both risers and seat were installed the same day.

I've got back problems, and previously couldn't ride more than about 60 continuous miles without having to stop for 15 minutes or so due to the pain. With the seat and risers, I doubled my distance.

For anyone considering getting the seat, be warned it takes a little while to "break in" the seat, and also a short while to get used to the new riding position. After this short transition time, you'll think you're sitting on a cloud. Not as comfy as a goldwing, but much more comfortable than a sport bike should be.

edit: I'll try to get some pics up of it tonite.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:24 PM

i never bothered changing the seat, my butts always been fine. If it got a little soar, i just hope up on the tank or bend forward

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat