F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Coolant fluid weird color . . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant fluid weird color . . .

So i'm checking my overflow container and my coolant is the weirdest color, like a redish orangish tone. Almost if you watered down brake fluid (A LOT) and added some rust? It's really strange, any ideas what would cause this? Thanks

Old 10-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Coolant fluid weird color . . .

the may have not used distilled water and just used tap water...or worse yet, all tap water, no coolant whatsoever.
i'd do a super duper flush on your system right away. make sure no one upper decked you...you know what i mean? like they pee'd or ****e into your radiator...hahaha...some ***** of mine do this at house warming parties and so when you flush...you gets lots of brown stuff...good for about 3 flushes. ok i'm off topic...

or, maybe they used the orange stuff that GMs use...DEATHCOOL...just flush it mang...and replace with water and honda coolant...or if you in warm place with no freeze in winter, replace with distilled water and water wetter...(just 3-4 capfuls for the entire thang you hear?)

Old 10-11-2005, 06:06 PM

stay away from the honda products its high cost for medium grade fluids. When it come to my fluids i stick with my choices royal purple for the oil, pj1, ect. I would flush tho reddish sounds funny in a way im not sure what i is. It could be an additive that people use to cool coolant down haha its some cheap stuff you can buy at pepboys i forget whats its called but its supposted keep the temp down some but its really thick and not good on the systems. I know it been know to clog the electric water pumps. But yeah id flush it good then fill with water and run it arround for about 15 min to let it warm up and circulate then flush again and fill with the good stuff.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 PM

My brother changed his coolant with yamaha brand coolant. One kind was pink and the other orange. That maybe what they did, just changed it with a different brand. Mine is blue, but I aftermarket race fluid in it.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:22 PM

possibly an orange cooling fluid like Taho said. if its a brown, then it could be regular freeze w/ the dexcool (this happened to my bronco)I run engine ice in mine since i do trackdays its the same kind of stuff as water wetter. I'd like to get my hands on some heavy water and see how that cools

Old 10-12-2005, 02:05 PM

Thanks guys. I'm going to flush it today, and see what coolant I can pick up at the local store. Btw, it wasn't like this a month ago when I added the good stuff. I hadn't checked it for about 2 weeks, so two weeks ago not this weird color. I'll see how it goes