CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Complete Fairing bolt kit. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/complete-fairing-bolt-kit-121781/)

highercal 02-28-2011 03:21 PM

Complete Fairing bolt kit.

Anyone know where I could get OEM (or OEM quality) fairing bolt kit (besides the stealership)? I need the COMPLETE set with rubber and all.

PS: I used google but all that comes up is those goofy looking spiked ones.

jdizzelwht/red01 02-28-2011 03:26 PM

I just got mine the other day from a place called bikebolts.com they took a few day to send out but i got them in about 5 days, im pretty impressed with them but make sure u use a lil locktite where u dont use a well nut, and try a promo code of "4forum20" to get urself a nice little discount.
JDIZZEL
and read the directions!!!!! i know i know, but u dont use the same size alen wrench if u get them a power coated color. but they came out pimp!!!

And where in Nor Cal r ya? im i redding.

DBEAU 02-28-2011 03:27 PM

I don't think an exact OEM bolt kit exists. There are kits on ebay but the bolts aren't quite OEM, there are differences that I find unacceptable. If you want OEM bolts you're most likely going to have to buy them individually from the dealership. You could check ebay for people selling bolts from wrecked bikes maybe.

highercal 02-28-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by DBEAU (Post 1019910)
I don't think an exact OEM bolt kit exists. There are kits on ebay but the bolts aren't quite OEM, there are differences that I find unacceptable. If you want OEM bolts you're most likely going to have to buy them individually from the dealership. You could check ebay for people selling bolts from wrecked bikes maybe.

Thanks for your help but I found a website simply by browsing the forums :icon_doh:

Just an FYI if anyone else has the same problem I do, http://cbrfairings.com/cbr-fairing-b...-bolts-c-45_52

cbrfairing.com for all your fairing needs! :icon_teeth:

DBEAU 02-28-2011 03:32 PM

The only reason I'm skeptical about those mentioned is because my dealership tried to sell me a non-OEM bolt kit once and the screws weren't exactly OEM. If you look at some of the OEM fairing bolts they have a built in spacer and various other aspects that the non-OEM bolts didn't.

This is not to say that the non-OEM bolts wouldn't work. They just weren't up to my standards. I hope what you found works out. Let us know.

highercal 02-28-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by jdizzelwht/red01 (Post 1019909)
I just got mine the other day from a place called bikebolts.com they took a few day to send out but i got them in about 5 days, im pretty impressed with them but make sure u use a lil locktite where u dont use a well nut, and try a promo code of "4forum20" to get urself a nice little discount.
JDIZZEL
and read the directions!!!!! i know i know, but u dont use the same size alen wrench if u get them a power coated color. but they came out pimp!!!

And where in Nor Cal r ya? im i redding.

I'm in NorCal? I coulda swore Los Angeles was SoCal :icon_teeth:

But cool!! I'll check this out as well. Thanks!

Edit: Whoa, there like 1/2 price here!!! Do you know if it comes with the rubber pieces and what not?
Edit 2: I really need to read thing more thoroughly!!! I answered my own question hehe. Thanks for all!! this forum rules!

jdizzelwht/red01 02-28-2011 04:07 PM

rubber pieces? i think what urater is clled a well nut, a piece of rubber wit threads in it. for thefont fairings, and i got the complete kit and had some stuff left over cause i have the after market fairings ( or i forgot some and there for good luck ) and with a name like "highercal" i taught u woud b from nor cal, and dontfrg the discount code if ur useing bikebolts.com

Dragondima 02-28-2011 04:17 PM

I'm trying to use "4forum20" and it's not working :( was it a good discount? I was going to order the regular 37.73 ones. What color do they come in?

jdizzelwht/red01 02-28-2011 04:21 PM

try just 4forum20
and they have all the color choices at the botom of the pge????

MuscleswitCBR 02-28-2011 05:14 PM

Bikebolts.com