F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

College and our bikes, compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didn't by a parking pass so i just put my bike cover on whenever i park it, no ones bothered me yet.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 PM

Today was my first ever day driving a motorcycle on campus!! 2nd day of class. It is pretty sweet cuz there's lots of fun obstacles on the way there (read: sorority girls) and you get VIP parking status. Now all I need is a helmet lock...

Old 08-25-2009, 07:23 PM

having a bike is real nice. i got to the university of florida, and there are motorcycle spot everywhere. and the decals is only like $30 for the semester or something like that.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 AM

TSU here in Texas. I parked right next to the doors of the building i was staying at. Cops there are really tight about bikes if you have a girl riding on the back they let you slide as long as they get a good view

SJC: permit was $5. they ticketed me once because i was in a parking space and I laughed and threw it in his face after he told me to move. I asked then where do i park at then there are no designated parking spaces. he told me the yellow stripped lines.(i recorded the conversation. next week got a ticket for that dismissed after played conversation, week after we got moto parking spaces painted. Turns out that cop rides a goldwing and parks in the handicap spot closest to the caferteria. hahaha

Uof H.: $75 per semester for unlimited vechiles. Covered Ac'ed parking garage with security.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Ha ha this problem is exactly why I love icc not only do they not require parking passes. But motorcycles actually get their own parking lot. As for people messing with your bike try to find some other bikes to park nextto

Old 11-12-2009, 09:11 PM

On campus I never had a problem. One school had me put it on the fork bubes the other on the mud flap or fender as they called it. The only thing When I parked in the lots at school no one messed with it. At a party late night one night my buddies bike got kicked over needless to say the kid that was waisted that did it got his teeth knocked out

Old 11-13-2009, 05:43 PM

As this semester is going by I''m pretty happy with parking at my college. 30$ per semester and designated parking spot for bikes.

I've got a small problem though. The sticker they gave me flew off my fork over one of the weekends... there is no refund, had to pay 30$ again...

Old 11-14-2009, 06:41 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

damn you guys have to pay for a parking permit? i go to a university in CT and its free i have one for my car and my bike, and i just stuck it under the wind screen. cant really see it but its not a big deal.... and honestly, if your worried about people messing with your bike, drunk people sitting on it, it getting knocked over or people tearing the sticker off, etc... dont drive it to school..... and if people are really going to mess with your bike thats just f'd up, or just park it next to other bikes. and there is no cameras at your school or anything?
i dont even have this bike i have a f3 i just decided to see what was going on here.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:44 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

but then again i just noticed you live in california which is awesome.... haha in CT the season is over basically pretty cold and crappy out right now

Old 11-14-2009, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Konamtbdjc
but then again i just noticed you live in california which is awesome.... haha in CT the season is over basically pretty cold and crappy out right now
The weather is good all year long around here. We've got all four seasons... summer summer summer and ... summer

The traffic is ridiculous here though. And I need a winter leather jacket, but it's already a second thought.

Quick Reply: College and our bikes, compatible?