CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   College and our bikes, compatible? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/college-our-bikes-compatible-99573/)

2H company 08-24-2009 12:18 PM

College and our bikes, compatible?

Here it comes. A new semester is about to start, and I've got some question I'd like you fellow riders to help me find answers.

I hope to illuminate parking problem by going there on my bike. It's just a regular community college, and of course they require us to have those parking permits (stickers) on vehicles.

Alright, here is the question: Where would you place that sticker??? It's pretty retarded, what can stop someone from peeling it off and putting inside the car? :icon_doh:

Has anyone had experience dealing with it?

If you have any story related to the thread, throw it in!

Zero1080 08-24-2009 12:46 PM

What I would do is talk with the campus 'police' and say look, I paid for my permit, keep it with you, and show them if they ask. Or if you get 'ticketed' just put the sticker on the bike, take a picture, and show them, then take it off. Easy, just for of a pain if anyone asks.

Rennen 08-24-2009 04:24 PM

i just put it on my license plate. never had a problem.

cbrf4bp 08-24-2009 04:32 PM

I just had the parking services people put it on the file that I had a permit so whenever one of their "officers" tried to write me a ticket it would be flagged on the little computer thing they use to write tickets. When they entered my license plate into the system it told them that I had a permit and not to ticket it.

ars1986 08-24-2009 04:36 PM

yeah my college does not require them on bikes just cars. guess i go lucky with that one. but if you did have to buy it on i would do the license plate.

chetman7 08-24-2009 05:48 PM

my school gives us a decal that we put on the right fork. put I always keep a cover on mine at school and they don't even bother taking the cover off nor do I think they are allowed

PlayfulGod 08-24-2009 06:04 PM

my campus had bike parking, as long as you parked in it they dint care if you had the sticker on it. The decals they have are to big to put on the tag, seen some put on the forks just under the upper triple.

redzintimidator 08-24-2009 06:41 PM

mine has a sticker on the left fork...but down low they didnt stick too well, and a pressure washer took it right off..so i put it up top on the shiny part, and then they complained they couldnt see it so i had many many tickets on my bike(all were dropped except when i decided to park on the side walk right next to my dorms door..woops :-p)

2H company 08-24-2009 09:26 PM

all were dropped except when i decided to park on the side walk right next to my dorms door..woops :-p
lol, that's a good one!

Alright, seems like there isn't going to be a problem.

But just in general, has anyone's bike been vandalized?

Zero1080 08-24-2009 10:36 PM

I think enough people will realize no need to vandalize unless you take it to like a party or something like that. But during the day, people won't mess with it. In my experience anyways.