CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Chopped OE Exhaust (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/chopped-oe-exhaust-126964/)

inco9nito99 06-14-2011 08:15 PM

Chopped OE Exhaust

Okay so I am contemplating chopping my exhaust AFTER the resonator just so it exits right past my foot on my '06 F4i...any downsides besides it being loud? I cannot STAND the gargantuan stock exhaust on the bike and I want to try something out before buying (possibly) an aftermarket pipe.

City Bike Racing 06-14-2011 08:57 PM

I wouldn't waste your time, it'll most likely still look like a pile o sh*t hanging off the back of your bike.

inco9nito99 06-15-2011 10:04 AM

I am simply asking whether it would cause damage by running an 'open' pipe after the resonator. Approximately 10" after the connection to the header, I'd chop it off (no muffler used). LMK!

tyfrist 06-15-2011 10:26 AM

you would need a PCIII to run that though.

I am planning on doing that soon, but there's problems with back pressure and everything like that, so i'm not sure how to tune it yet, but i am looking into that.

Venomouspython99 06-15-2011 02:45 PM

How far down can you chop the can without having to tune it? sorry for the hijack i was about to do a post of my own. lol

ozf4i 06-17-2011 02:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
you dont HAVE to run a power commander or tune it, i have a track f4i and when i was just getting into racing it i didnt have a power commander but was running open pipe just a downturn off the headers, it ran fine, better than fine it was great up high, lost a bit of kick down low revs but if your having that problem your in the wrong gear! lol
its unbearably loud though, i really dont recomend it on the street, its still one of the loudest at the track. its not always a good thing bringing alot of attention to yourself lol, here are pics of my race and my street exhaust if your looking for a clean look you can try making one of these with an aftermarket can

Attachment 46435
Attachment 46436
Attachment 46437

inco9nito99 06-18-2011 11:42 AM

The last picture is something close to what I'm talking about and instead of turning down, turned up a little past the rearset.

boredandstroked 06-18-2011 12:22 PM

There is no resonator. Theres a header, a mid pipe [with cat convertor on 01-05 cali and all 06 models otherwise its just a pipe] and the muffler. You want to chop the muffler and run a strait pipe? Besides being ugly and louder then hell it won't cause any problems. Lots of kids do it.

OZf4i- your track bike runs so great at high rpm with a commander most likely because its running lean. Leaner mixtures make more power until the pistons fail.

ozf4i 06-18-2011 06:38 PM

Like i said i ran it without a power commander at the
Beginning, now it's fully tuned has a great power curve