F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Chicken Strips???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chicken Strips???

Do u not like my giant pic broken? I do, prolly sux fror u dial up ppl though, here ill leave it out for ya ppl always wanna see pic so i hook em up but w/e man.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:55 AM

if you want a pic in your sig just shrink it down, we can see your photo album anyway so no need for a high def pic in your sig

and on the chicken strips, some riders take it way too seriously
my streetbike has huge chicken strips just because I use it to commute and not to go fast, when somebody says something about them I just laugh it off and don't mention my trackbike and the stack of tires I have that have been shredded to the edge lol

Old 07-17-2006, 02:00 AM

I think I have a little less than a 1/2 inch on my left side and nothing on my right side because I take right turns harder than I do my left. Most of the time I hear people talking about "Chicken Scratches" not really Chicken Strips

Old 07-17-2006, 02:21 AM

I can't wear down my d-208s to the edge. My pegs scrape before I get there and that scares me.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:47 AM

I'm proud of my chicken strips.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:00 AM

**** anytime i see a bike with chicken strips i try to put some ranch or bbq sauce on that **** and let em know whats up

dude where is your exhaust in your pic?

Old 07-17-2006, 08:19 PM

So I want to get rid of my ***** strips. I guess you do this by hanging your whole body off the side of the bike like you see people do? How the hell?! lol Is there any trick to doing this and how do you know when you have to do this? I seem to be able to make pretty good turns on the freeway without hanging off the edge of the bike. Countersteer ftw!!! It's awesome! =) So what should I practice to be a pimp rider like that?

Mike

**Edit
Aren't you guys afraid of I guess it's called "lowsiding"? I'm always afraid the tires are just going to slip right out from under me and I'll go zooming right across traffic! There's barely any tire touching the ground already and then leaning hard like that and even how I see people leaning off their bike it scares me. That would definately suck!

Old 07-17-2006, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: BrokenLimits

do you need that giant pic of your bike in your sig?

irrelevant to the subject at hand, but how do you guys put up pics in you signature area?

Old 07-17-2006, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

So I want to get rid of my ***** strips. I guess you do this by hanging your whole body off the side of the bike like you see people do? How the hell?! lol Is there any trick to doing this and how do you know when you have to do this? I seem to be able to make pretty good turns on the freeway without hanging off the edge of the bike. Countersteer ftw!!! It's awesome! =) So what should I practice to be a pimp rider like that?

Mike

**Edit
Aren't you guys afraid of I guess it's called "lowsiding"? I'm always afraid the tires are just going to slip right out from under me and I'll go zooming right across traffic! There's barely any tire touching the ground already and then leaning hard like that and even how I see people leaning off their bike it scares me. That would definately suck!
you need to ride some turns, freeway onramps wont do anything for ya.
leaning isnt scary when your tires are all hot and sticky.
a clean, smooth, consistent, road surface is also needed.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:16 AM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Mike

**Edit
don't worry about it man, your not out there to impress anyone. I personally wouldn't take turns hard enough on the street to wear down chicken strips anymore, thats what the track is for IMHO

you might wanna pick up the book "Sport Riding Techniques" by Nick Ienatsch and practice that stuff, it'll teach you more than anybody online will but ultimately the only safe way to learn how to corner properly is to get to a trackday or track school

and as far as crashing, lowsides are the best kind of crash you can have, its the highsides you gotta worry about lol
modern sport tires (when up to temp) stick better than most riders ever take advantage of on the street, its the oil/gravel/debris you have to worry about

body positioning isn't to help you lean the bike over more, its actually exactly the opposite. leaning off the bike allows you to turn tighter without having to lean the bike as far.
think of it this way, your going into a corner without moving on the bike at all:

vs going into the same corner with proper body positioning:

both riders have the bike leaned over very near the limit of traction but the second rider can carry more cornerspead safely because his weight is shifted low to the inside of the bike lowering the center of gravity which allows the it to turn much tighter without going over the limit of traction
also putting all your weight on the inside peg acts as a lever pushing the bike harder into the turn

again I don't suggest riding that fast on the street, thats what gets people killed
"If you want to go faster, take it to the track!"

hope this helps

Quick Reply: Chicken Strips???