CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Cheapest Tires (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/cheapest-tires-128933/)

PistolPete316 07-29-2011 04:36 PM

Cheapest Tires

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get tires are? I found a set on ebay for 168 with free shipping but just looking to get some cheaper? Also wondering if anyone knows how I can put them off without taking the paint off my rim?

greenc51 07-29-2011 10:40 PM

i wouldnt skimp on tires on a bike man...for your own safety. just keep a lookout on deals for name brand tires
check these out...i believe they are a great deal and i have them in fact. good tires for the price Cycle Gear - PIRELLI: Diablo Supersport Street Motorcycle Tires, FRONT

Xander F4i 07-30-2011 09:42 AM

check sites like Competition Accessories and Motorcycle Superstore and www.sportbiketrackgear.com I'm sure there are a lot more sites out there like those ones too. you could also check local bike shops for take-offs...though I don't know how you'd fair on that, being they would be used tires.

As for taking them off the rim without damaging the paint...very carefully. you'll need to break the bead on the tire...this would be easiest if you remove the valve core from the valve stem. once the bead is broke, you'll need to get it over the lip of the rim...you could use proper tire spoons (which would probably be nicest to your rim) or a couple flat bladed screw drivers (obviously, depending on the screw driver, could damage the paint on the rim).

you remount the new tire more or less the opposite direction of how you took the old tire off...just make sure you put on the correct way so that you don't need to remove the tire a second time to turn it around. The hardest part of doing this on your own is, if you are planning on balancing the tire.

okstatef4i 07-30-2011 10:07 AM

If you know anybody who races bikes you can usually get take offs for pretty cheap, not saying its the best thing but $80 for a set of tires that never get ridden upright isn't too shabby a deal

raylee 07-30-2011 10:40 PM

Tires are the things that help you stop and stay up. I know everyone else said it, but please don't skimp on tires. Those few extra bucks you woulda spent on decent tires will look like a pretty cheap price in the case your bike comes out from under you.

+1 on takeoffs. I had a set of BT003 takeoffs, they must have had like 80%+ tread in the middle... unfortunately the sides looked like he took a cheese grater to it.

boredandstroked 07-31-2011 06:40 PM

He wants cheaper then what is normally the cost of a single rear tire for both tires and doesn't want to pay the $15 per tire to have a shop mount and balance them, you guys really think telling him not to skimp is going to do anything?

jveach 07-31-2011 08:27 PM

THEY CHANGE TIRES FOR 15 BUCKS WHERE YOU LIVE!!!!

I wouldn't mind that a bit, honda shop here charges 55 a tire, and another bike shop charges 45 but is always to busy to do them unless you make an appointment 3 weeks in advance