F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Cheap '06 f4i, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cheap '06 f4i, worth it?

but it needs more than plastic... needs new tank, or atleast repaired, has ascratches in the fork andclip on,could be damage, could be not,needs stator cover, and this is only what can be seen from the pictures. plus the plastics, I would venture to bet he is going to spend $1k on plastics. and they OP is getting into racing, has he been raping that thing? probably

He may still come out ahead on paper, but, everytimehears a strange noise, or feels something funny when hard in a turn, there could be that haunting in the back of his head.

if that doesnt bother you, then go for it. but, that wouldnt be the deal for me

Old 04-27-2007, 11:15 PM

Well the plan is to throw some fairings on it and sell it for hopefully some profit. I talked to the guy, he said it was wheelied over and fell... yikes. Subframe got tweaked, tank dented, top of left fork scratched, although not bad. The top of the upper got cracked off, needed a new upper fairing stay. He says he raced it for one track day (120miles) and bought a GSXR750 b/c he didn't like racing in the 600 class. Said it tracked straight and cornered nicely, but who knows if he's telling the complete truth. I figure throw an '01-'03 subframe and split seat on it, paint it a solid color and throw a for sale sign on it. I'm thinking I should offer less than 3gs though after I think of possible tweaks in the frame or something, but it's got a clean title, bought from a dealership in this condition.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:18 PM

BTW, around how much would a dealer charge to check it over?

Old 04-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

as long as the frame is straight, forks arent tweaked or leaking, rims are fine. if you are planning on doing a split seat you will have to replace the sub frame anyways correct ? sounds like a decent deal to me. fairings you can get for under 1k just have to kno where to look