F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Changing Bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Bulbs?

Hi guys, my names Travis and i'm new to the site, just have a question about changing out the stock bulbs. I read through the manual in some hopes of seeing how to take em out but there seems to be no help in there. I just know that when i put new bulbs in the car theres some instruction so i'm looking for any help I can get, thanks for any and all help.

H

Old 04-24-2006, 01:24 AM
Default RE: Changing Bulbs?

They're pretty easy to change, I took my plastic cover that goes over the intake ducts off to get to the bulbs easier. I'm pretty sure that you have to take that off to get to them. After that, remove the plug from the back of the light. It has clips on the sides of the plug that you have to squeeze to get it off of the prongs on the bulb. After that, take off the rubber cover and then you will see the wire that holds the bulb in place. Unhook the wire so you can swing it back to release the bulb. I had to remove the black base to fit my new bubs in there, I did this by prying around the edge with a screwdriver to get the old bulb out. After the old bulbs are out just put the new ones in and reverse the procedure to get everything back together. Remember not to touch the glass part of the new bulbs!! Also check to make sure the lights work when you plug them back in before you put everything back together, I had reversed the prongs when I put the new lights in the bases and had to remove the bases and remove the new bulb from the base and switch the prongs around.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:26 AM

Thanks a ton!, exactly what i was looking for

H

Old 04-24-2006, 02:57 AM

i never took the intake ducts off, you can reach your hand in there and remove the rubber gasket that goes around the light housing, once thats out then its all a piece of cake.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:35 AM

I hope you're just upgrading the bulbs or something

Because if you didn't know (you're a newbie, sorry) that the F4i only rides with one light on (low beam) & then they both are on for the High Beams

A lot of people ask that question, sorry

Old 04-24-2006, 11:30 AM

Yeah I always ride with high beams on, i'm upgrading to a better bulb. Still gets annoying if i forget and everyone keeps telling me i've got a light out.

H

Old 04-25-2006, 02:06 AM

Hey no problem man...just wanted to make sure...LOL

Old 04-25-2006, 12:49 PM

I recently had my headlights converted to 2 dual filament bulbs per side, so you have 2 Low beams and 2 High beams with Xenon H4 bulbs. The guy I purchased the bike from is selling a kit for Kawaski's and wanted to use mine as a prototype. I think it's great.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:34 PM

I guess another thing that would be nice is does anyone know how to adjust the angle of the light so that there both equal? Because I've been under the impression that the only reason one is high beam is becuase its not angled down as low.....has anyone put both at the same angle? and how?

H

Old 04-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

little screws on each side...you see the little hole on your air duct covers? they lead to it.

Quick Reply: Changing Bulbs?