CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   chamber 2 not firing (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/chamber-2-not-firing-114425/)

Fool 07-27-2010 10:45 PM

chamber 2 not firing

ive been rippin my hair out for a week or 2 with my bike ... 1 3 4 are firing ... ive checked the spark .. its good .. ive checked the injectors ... good ive changed the coils ... good ive checked the compression .... 180psi good .... the cyn jsut wont fire ( i had rust i nmy tank i cleaned it cremed it replace plugs injectors cleaned everything) like i said 1 3 4 work fine ive swapped plugs injecotrs fro mal lthe m and still 2 not firing ...

when i spray starter fluid in chamber 2 it revs up ... the guy a honda told me 2 check for leaks ..would a leak from the insulators or around that area be causeing this much of a problem? also i sprayed soem starter fluiod around the insulators .. and it seemed some got sucked i nand the revs kcik u pa tiny bit

i have a full parts bike .. im about 2 go outside and swap the full throttle body assemly and recheck

if anyone can point me in some kinda direction or anything pls the help will be greatly appeeriated

jonld 07-28-2010 02:26 AM

First off they need to implement spell check to the forum, because its hard as hell to read what you typed. That aside, how are you checking for fire? You just stated that when you sprayed starter fluid into #2 the bike reved up. That means 2 is firing. That means your not getting fuel to #2 which means injector problem. If you have swapped injectors around, how do you know which cylinder isn't running? If your still positive it's #2, then I would inspect the injector harness/plug and wires.

Fool 07-28-2010 02:38 AM

i pull the fuel rail off hold the injectors against the thorttle body and hit the starter ... they all spray the same... and i know its 2 cause pipe 2 isnt nearly as hot as the rest .. and when i spray 134 the bike wants to die .. and im checkin spark .. ground 2 the head

ya sorry i never proof read anything and my typing sucks

Fool 08-02-2010 04:57 PM

can anyone else gimme somewhere 2 look?

joeroberts 08-02-2010 05:16 PM

check for cracks in throttle body boot
Check For plug not completely seated

Fool 08-02-2010 05:18 PM

the boot is the insulators right?

and ill go check the plugs again

joeroberts 08-02-2010 06:18 PM

the boot is the insulators right?
No the boot as in the rubber that holds the throttle body to the head.
But that is one thing that I failed to mention was the insulator for the coil to the plug but you said that you had moved them around that is Y I did not mention it.

Fool 08-02-2010 09:51 PM

ah ok im going do some work on it now

Fool 08-02-2010 10:39 PM

went replace the boot with the 1 off my stunt bike ... still no change ... like i said when i spray starter fluid in 2 .. the revs pop up...

Fool 08-03-2010 12:16 AM

also i changed the tp and map sensor and subharness .. still no cyn 2