F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Chain & Sprocket - Best place to buy online

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006 | 01:05 PM
Default Chain & Sprocket - Best place to buy online

I'm due for a new chain & sprockets and am wondering if you all have any suggestions for the best place on-line to order from. And in your opinion, what brands are good and what brands should I stay away from?

Oh, I'm also thinking about going -1 in the front. Anything special i need to know about that?

TIA peeps!

Old 04-27-2006 | 05:31 PM
Default RE: Chain & Sprocket - Best place to buy online

I bought my sprockets at http://kneedraggers.com/
and my x-ring EK chain on ebay
costed me about $160

rear: http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...4-AFAM-49.html

front: http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...4-AFAM-47.html

Old 04-27-2006 | 08:19 PM

www.denniskirk.com My buddy just got the RK 520 quick acceleration kit (-1 up front) from them for $150 with free shipping and it came in 2 days. Super nice chain and really easy install. The only thing that I didn't like is that it has a clip type master link, but I really don't think it will be a problem, I'll just keep an eye on it. Heres the link for the chain kit One other cool thing about that chain is that its also 2 pounds lighter than the stock chain. I could tell a difference from riding my stock chain with -1 tooth up front and his 520/light sprockets/and -1, there is deffinately a difference. I'll be getting one when mines time to replace.

Old 04-27-2006 | 10:53 PM

yo rocketgirlie...if you want the quick acceleration action...you can do -1 up front only or +3 in the rear...heck, you can even do +2 to see if you like it or not...but whatever you do...GO WITH D.I.D. chain!!!

call brian at www.sprocketcenter.com cause he's coolio and knows his schiznit...all he sells is chains mang! i got mines from him cause he local so i ask...why you sell that other mang RK? you know it POS...and he said...well...he wanted it and i said...you gots to be hardcore and back your products...you know DID only...and he said...yea i know...and then he said...180 bones...and then i left.

t

Old 04-28-2006 | 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

yo rocketgirlie...if you want the quick acceleration action...you can do -1 up front only or +3 in the rear...heck, you can even do +2 to see if you like it or not...but whatever you do...GO WITH D.I.D. chain!!!

call brian at www.sprocketcenter.com cause he's coolio and knows his schiznit...all he sells is chains mang! i got mines from him cause he local so i ask...why you sell that other mang RK? you know it POS...and he said...well...he wanted it and i said...you gots to be hardcore and back your products...you know DID only...and he said...yea i know...and then he said...180 bones...and then i left.

t
Not to flame you Tahoe cause I think your a cool guy, but all that I hear is D.I.D chains? Whats the big deal? Check your owners manual, it says to either use a D.I.D chain or an RK. Not saying that the D.I.Ds are bad, but I would be willing to bet that there isn't much difference between the 2. If you know something I don't know let me know cause I'm interested, but IMO I think their both good chains and you can't really go wrong. Just my .02

-Jesse-

Old 04-28-2006 | 01:21 PM

well...yea the owner's manual says either and my OG chain was RK and lasted 12K...but after that...my buddies and myself and others in our ride group have been having crap luck with RKs...ever since we went DID, no problems whatsoever. that's why i'm all about DIDs.

But if you have had good experience with RK, then go with RK...i got ****E with EK and RK...and nothing but love from DID.