F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

CCT went bad yesterday. Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCT went bad yesterday. Advice?

I was leaving work yesterday and noticed a funny noise the more I rode the louder it got but it would stop over 4krpm so I'm coming up to a light and as I'm sitting there it just died. I fired it back up the noise was still there and getting louder. Took it to a friends shop and let him hear it and he said it was more then likely the CCT. So I went to the Honda dealership(did not ride the bike there) took a short video if the noise and let there lead shop tech listen to it and he said it was the CCT. I went inside to order the part and the parts guy said he had an APE manuel he would sell me an install for 100 bucks. That seem like a good deal? I know I could probley do it myself but I don't wanna takle something like that just yet. If anyone thinks it could be something other then the CCT please post up before I spend 100 bucks. Thanks

Old 11-18-2010, 09:25 AM

thats not a bad price on the part and install together.

you can get the part for around $45

its super easy to do though, i'd just save the cash and do it yourself.

here's my write-up, i went with the automatic vs. the manual cctl though.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mechanical-40/how-change-your-cctl-pics-116975/

Old 11-18-2010, 09:41 AM

Can you post the video please?
I think my cct might be going but as ive not got anything to compare it to i dont know if it is or not.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:01 AM
July 2010 ROTM

If it has a rattle like sound that's the cct. U can still ride the bike. U won't hurt it it's just an annoying sound. But 100 bucks installed and adjusted is great. I wouldn't trust myself to adjust an ape and I'm brave enough to do evryrhing else I've heard too many horror stories

Old 11-18-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by vangill
If it has a rattle like sound that's the cct. U can still ride the bike. U won't hurt it it's just an annoying sound. But 100 bucks installed and adjusted is great. I wouldn't trust myself to adjust an ape and I'm brave enough to do evryrhing else I've heard too many horror stories
more reason to just buy the automatic oem and be done with it. why bring another step into the equation when you don't have to?

Old 11-18-2010, 12:29 PM

Alright I'll just have him do it. If I knew how to post a video I would. I think mine just all of a sudden failed. The reason I went with the manual one is one cheaper two looks better and three I won't have to replace the CCT ever again. Just adjust it every so often if it needs it.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:58 PM

My buddy's went bad. One of the most annoying sounds ever. Having a video up on here would be nice though for a reference for everyone that might suspect their CCT going bad.

There are video hosting websites like Youtube and such where you could just link it. Someone else might have some better suggestions on how to link the video though.

and yes i'd pay the hundo - not bad at all.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:01 PM

Well good news. My bike has an APE manual tensioner. It came loose so all we had to do was tighten it back up and eveything is great. If I figure out how to post videos I will.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by pittsm
more reason to just buy the automatic oem and be done with it. why bring another step into the equation when you don't have to?
Definition of insanity...

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Buy an APE and be done with it.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 AM

What horror stories have you heard of ppl installing a manual APE one themselves??? Im about to do this myself, so i would like to know how bad this can go lol

Quick Reply: CCT went bad yesterday. Advice?