F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

CCT

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCT

First of all let me apologize in advnce because I know this topic has been done over more than a $2 hoe, but i haven't seen any recent forums on this.
Anyway, I just installed a new A.P.E. cct, and let me say that it has very satisfying results. Bike sounds like it did when I first bought it.

My question is: Is there any risk of the bolt loosening due to the bike's vibration?

I ask this because I had the impression that I was going to be a task to get the right tension on the cct. But when I put it on, I tightened the bolt just to get it snug before I turn the bike on for adjustment. And when I finally turned the bike on, it sounded perfect right off the bat, so I secured the bolt in place and was done with it. I took her for a spin at high rpm's and the motor was still music to my ears. It just seems too good to be true that I did everything just right without having to adjust something. I was just wondering if it'll come back to bite me in the *** later.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CCT

yes it may come back and bite you.
the theoretically best way to adjust it is to adjust while engine is running. otherwise, you risk it being too tight.
what happens if it's too tight? the chain guides get melted (they are plastic) and then you get shavings all up in the motor, plugs up oil passages and parts of your motor is starved of oil.
with that said...i really think you should try and adjust it the way others have done it...and use loctite.
sure, you could be at the sweet spot already...but there is no way to confirm it.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM

Thanks Tahoe. But if it was too tight, or even too loose, wouldn't it make some noise? I did try to adjust it while it was running just to see if there was a diferrence, but I didn't want to move it too much. Everything still sounded good. But like you said there's no way to confirm the sweet spot. Just to make sure, the Loctite goes on the middle nut, right?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:02 PM

I wish i had a middle nut...

(I now return you to your topic.