CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   CBR600 F4i 2006 led indicator / flasher relay (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/cbr600-f4i-2006-led-indicator-flasher-relay-130497/)

acbreeze 09-06-2011 10:24 AM

CBR600 F4i 2006 led indicator / flasher relay

4 Attachment(s)
Hi, All
Have browsed this forum for many answers so thought i would post an answer to something i struggled to find an answer too initially.

I have just changed to LED indicators on my CBR600f 2006 which I have had for about 18 months.
I bought front and rear short stalk LED indicators off ebay plus some indicator adapter leads. The adapter leads are the black ended connector which has the metal electrical terminals visible from the outside and had the reference ICL002.

These just easily plugged into the existing wiring loom connectors for the old indicators.

I also bought a new LED flasher relay instead of the inline resistor type as i thought this would be less work and inconvenience.

I understand inline resistors may be the easier option on the RR as the relay is in the clocks.

I initially got the wrong relay. The original bulb relay had three pins inside it but this type of LED relay only worked the indicators when on idle and stopped them from working when riding as the revs went up!.

The correct LED relay that worked fine was a 3 pin type connector but only had two pins inside the loom connector which is on a short lead from the relay body.

The relay is located on the side of the right hand side headlight in a rubber holder ,left hand side if sitting on bike but I found it easier to get it out from working from the front of the bike. You can feel it clicking if you put your hand in that area. You can remove it by gently pulling it down but its easier to unscrew the screen to get a better look.

I have attached pictures of the correct items.

Hope this helps anyone considering doing it. It certainly looks better than the original ones without compromising on the safety aspect.

BigGreyS 06-27-2012 07:38 PM

Okay, now how about a pic of where this damn relay is? I can't just guess and I hate tearing into the faring to find somthing that was easy to find had someone just posted it. Can someone help?

Turbulenz 06-27-2012 08:15 PM

It's on the right hand side (sitting on the bike) under the tail fairing...

BigGreyS 06-27-2012 09:56 PM

Thanks but the wiring diagram does not show it there and other posts say its in the fron faring between the headlights. Who is correct and thanks in advance.

BigGreyS 06-27-2012 10:29 PM

Got it, it was in the front but by the left headlight as sitting on the bike. The turn signals now flash at a normal rate. Now for my new front turn signals.

Turbulenz 06-28-2012 05:50 AM

Sorry about that.. I just assumed it was in the same place as my F4.. but you're right its behind the headlight..
Oh well.. I just got my F4i.. much to learn..

acbreeze 06-29-2012 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by acbreeze (Post 1097319)
Hi, All

The relay is located on the side of the right hand side headlight in a rubber holder ,left hand side if sitting on bike but I found it easier to get it out from working from the front of the bike. You can feel it clicking if you put your hand in that area. You can remove it by gently pulling it down but its easier to unscrew the screen to get a better look.

I have attached pictures of the correct items.

Hope this helps anyone considering doing it. It certainly looks better than the original ones without compromising on the safety aspect.

Updated the location to reflect which way you are looking at the bike. Cheers

BigGreyS 06-29-2012 01:52 PM

Thanks all. If I had taken apart the bike to get at the turn relay. Just ask if you can't find it. Can't wait till my new blinkers get here.

badwithcomputer 03-06-2014 08:07 PM

digging up an old thread as this seems to be the only result I get when I google this. Anyway I am logged in but can't see those pictures? I'd like to see what the relay is supposed to look like before buying one off ebay. I see some have the harness and some are just the plug in relay.

any help?

Thanks!

acbreeze 03-07-2014 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by badwithcomputer (Post 1266547)
digging up an old thread as this seems to be the only result I get when I google this. Anyway I am logged in but can't see those pictures? I'd like to see what the relay is supposed to look like before buying one off ebay. I see some have the harness and some are just the plug in relay.

any help?

Thanks!

Im using google chrome and can see the pictures there so not sure what to suggest. Can you right click on them to open in a new window maybe ?. The relay has a short wiring loom on it with a plug connector.