CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   CBR600 F4i 2006 clutch wont engage after installing new clutch kit (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/cbr600-f4i-2006-clutch-wont-engage-after-installing-new-clutch-kit-156141/)

Insurgence 06-09-2017 02:11 PM

CBR600 F4i 2006 clutch wont engage after installing new clutch kit

Got this bike with 5,800 miles on it, felt clutch starting to slip when giving it throttle it'd get moving to a point then hit ~6k rpm then start slipping. So I pulled the old clutch plates + friction discs and they looked kind of worn, there was that purple/blueish hue the plates get when it gets real hot, and the friction disc material was worn and chipped at points.

Anyway I got the new kit in and put the case back on with the clutch pin seated correctly (I'm 99% sure) but when i pull the clutch lever the bike doesn't budge, still in gear... Should I not be trying to pull the clutch until I fill it back with oil or something? I just want to make sure I get this right the first time.

boredandstroked 06-10-2017 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Insurgence (Post 1305159)
Should I not be trying to pull the clutch until I fill it back with oil or something?

Do you mean you fired the bike up and tried to engage the trans without oil? I'm really confused.

sjona2011 06-10-2017 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1305186)
Do you mean you fired the bike up and tried to engage the trans without oil? I'm really confused.

im assuming he put it in gear, pulled the lever, and tried pushing it.

But did you soak the plates in oil before install? did you assemble the clutch correctly? did you adjust the clutch cable properly?

SolidestDog 01-24-2023 07:34 PM

Did you ever find out your problem?? Im having the exact same one

Scott91370 01-25-2023 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by SolidestDog (Post 1353129)
Did you ever find out your problem?? Im having the exact same one

I wouldn't hold my breath. He hasn't been back since a couple of hours after the original post.

Explain your issue (I find the original post not so clear) and someone will more than likely be able to help.

SolidestDog 01-25-2023 01:48 PM

Clutch not fully disengaging after disc install

So pretty much I installed new clutch disc, I’m pretty sure i installed everything correctly (soaked the disc in oil as well) and hooked up the clutch cable. Also my bike doesn’t start, I think its cuz of the cold it started the week before. Anyways I tried adjusting the clutch cable every which way and whenever I have the bike in 1st and pull the clutch lever it can barely move. If I'm not holding in the lever it completely locks like normal but when I pull it in its like its not fully disengaging, it can still kinda move but its really tough. My buddy says maybe its cuz the clutch cable is stretched or cuz my bike wasn’t started yet? Not to sure whats up I would appreciate any input, thanks.
EDIT: Yes I do have oil in the bike, I had to make that clear cuz i know there’s dumb people in the world

IDoDirt 01-27-2023 04:35 PM

If the clutch is not disengaging, then something is not assembled right. Take it back apart and verify everything is the way the manual says it should be. The devil is in the details.