F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

CBR supersites?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CBR supersites?

looking for some of the bigger high rated sites that cater to CBRs, that would carry most anything i need, whether OEM or aftermarket. Most importantly, i'm looking for an owners manual, service manual, frame slider and fender eliminator kit right now, but obviously more later. i ride an '06 f4i.

while im on the subject, what are the better (best?) no-cut frame sliders for F4i? i dont want to cut into my fairings to protect them

Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh boy you got some learning (and searching) to do.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:05 AM

I don't think there are any no-cut sliders that are recommended. Sorry

Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
Oh boy you got some learning (and searching) to do.
Haha just got the bike 5 days ago. I've been online almost non stop. I guess it would have been better to ask what are the more reputable shops that make quality parts and/or better service. I don't want to shop a site just because they have a part I want. Looking for a shop a lot of ppl use.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:41 AM

Sportbiketrackgear.com; motomummy.com; cyclegear.com; motorcycle-superstore.com; ronayers.com... list goes on and on... I don't know of anyone who shops online that only uses one site for everything.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:00 AM

Motorcycle Helmets, Jackets & Other Motorcycle Gear at Compacc.com Motorcycle Parts | Motorcycle Accessories | Motorcycle Gloves | D2Moto Motodynamic.com - LED Tail Lights CBR 600RR 1000RR YZF R1 R6 Monster 748 916 996 998 are a few good co's i can think of and didn't see listed.

Definitely, if you are looking for no-cut sliders, you are better off not using any. i say this because, if you go with no-cuts and end up putting your bike on them, there is a greater chance of cause a lot more damage then not using them in the first place. the location which no-cuts mount is know to fold in the event of a crash if sliders are installed...when the fold the go into the side of the motor & being harder than the aluminum block...the motor is what gives way. that being said, if you'd rather replace your motor and frame than your fairings, by all means go with no-cut frame sliders.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 PM

kneedraggers.com and sumofallparts are also good websites. Definately go with regular sliders, as has already been said above no-cuts aren't worth having.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:23 PM

motomummy.com is good

Old 04-27-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Xander F4i
Definitely, if you are looking for no-cut sliders, you are better off not using any. i say this because, if you go with no-cuts and end up putting your bike on them, there is a greater chance of cause a lot more damage then not using them in the first place. the location which no-cuts mount is know to fold in the event of a crash if sliders are installed...when the fold the go into the side of the motor & being harder than the aluminum block...the motor is what gives way. that being said, if you'd rather replace your motor and frame than your fairings, by all means go with no-cut frame sliders.
+1

wasnt there a guy on here that had the no cuts, laid his bike over, and had caused really bad damage, way worse than replacing a scratched fairing...