F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

cbr f4i 01 Rear / Front stand

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cbr f4i 01 Rear / Front stand

Tahoe;

I've been thinking of getting the universal Handy stands (front & rear) to do oil changes and chain lube's. Would you recommend them? are they sturdy? easy to use?

Is the universal front (fork) stand OK?

http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/...ct=137&D=1&S=4

Old 10-06-2006, 05:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure he can confirm, but I believe he didn't like the Handy front headstand. Said he had to remove the front fairing to use.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:45 PM

Ive got that Handy Univeral stands as well, the rear stand you can have it ordered as with or without spool holder. The Rear stand is very sturdy in my opinion, but the front stand you can get buy with its just kind of a pain in the a$$ to get propped up at first, they prop up under the forks instead of the triple tree, if used the stand more than changing brakes and replacing tires than i would get the triple tree stand otherwisae this thing is just fine. Check out CBRworld's FAQ on the stands and the guy has a video of him using Handys front and rear stands. In my opinion $100 for these 2 stands was a steal, im more than happy with my purchase.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:25 PM

Have a link to the video?

Old 10-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo, the handy front fork stand and rear stands are fine...but not the one that picks the bike up from the triples ok! those are NOOOOOOOOO....

t

Old 10-11-2006, 06:59 PM

I just bought the T-Rex. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Old 10-11-2006, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

Have a link to the video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQqa9Gf7JF8

not sure if it still works and i'm on dial up so I can't check myself

Old 10-12-2006, 04:30 AM

i have the DMP rear stand (another ebay buy) right now with the pads and so far it works pretty good the only problem is its really har to get the bike on the stand by your self. if you have somone hold the bike up for you its no problem. it has the spool holder also so i think i will also add spools to my swingarm just to make things simple. oh and the pads on my stand are soild steel just covered in a hard rubber so i dont think they would break or anything like that. i have heard a few horror stories about people going to get there bike out and its on the floor. man that would tick me right off.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQqa9Gf7JF8

not sure if it still works and i'm on dial up so I can't check myself
that guy took forever...i'm ultra quick with my handy's like 3 seconds...just 2 seconds faster than sex!!!!!!!

dial up...what's that? hahahhaha

Old 10-12-2006, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Shaken

i have the DMP rear stand (another ebay buy) right now with the pads and so far it works pretty good the only problem is its really har to get the bike on the stand by your self. if you have somone hold the bike up for you its no problem. it has the spool holder also so i think i will also add spools to my swingarm just to make things simple. oh and the pads on my stand are soild steel just covered in a hard rubber so i dont think they would break or anything like that. i have heard a few horror stories about people going to get there bike out and its on the floor. man that would tick me right off.
I think the biggest cause of a bike falling off a stand with pads is that when its on the stand the swingarm is at an angle and not parallel to the ground so if you don't have both pads in the right spot its very possible that the swingarm will slide on the pads and fall off
that the primary benefit of having spools is the confidence that it will not move, I like to get on my bike while its on the stands and practice shifting from side to side as well as squeezing the tank with my knees to strengthen my legs so I can support my upper body better without putting weight on my arms (don't laugh Nicky Hayden, Freddie Spencer, Jason Disalvo, etc all do it) and without spools there is no way in hell I'd ever move around on the bike while it was on the stands

Quick Reply: cbr f4i 01 Rear / Front stand