CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   CBR 600 F4i WIERD problem. trust me.... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/cbr-600-f4i-wierd-problem-trust-me-118947/)

cbr600rossireplica 11-25-2010 09:36 AM

CBR 600 F4i WIERD problem. trust me....

Hi all.

I had to register just due to this problem that i got and NO INFO on the net... thats how wierd it is.

Ok here it is.

I got a cbr 600 f4i 2001 model.

My regulator "apparently" was not functioning well. So i got a new one from South Africa and had a electrician change the socket as i got a different shorter socket. Now seems he messed up the wires thinking that 3 yellows can be joined any how.... THATS MY THEORY...

Dont be bored please... :) more below.

I was on a ride and suddenly my bike died.. i mean everything went dead. Then i could smell my battery and when i opened the seat, my battery was about to blow. I got a new battery but then the MAIN FUSE kept on blowing.

So I got it all re-wired by a reliable mechanic who knows his bike things...and he failed to make it start WITHOUT blowing the main fuse. So i got a a good second hand ECU.

Now the fuse is not blowing.. HOWEVER the WIERD PROBLEM IS THIS.

MY FUEL PUMP IS JUST PRIMING AND NOT STOPPING !!!!! does that mean
1- i need to re-program the new ecu with the KEYS of my bike due to the H.I.S.S ???
2 - is there something wrong with the fuel pump?
3 - is there something wrong with the fuel pump pressure ??
4 - any electrical probnlems ?

Please please assist as im in africa and my only option is send the bike all the way 6000kms to South africa and its ALOT OF MONEY...

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kuroshio 11-25-2010 09:59 AM

I don't know the HISS system since they're not on US bikes.

But theorizing here, the bike shouldn't start with the new ECU period if it uses HISS. Your key wouldn't match the one programmed into the ECU. So you wouldn't get any power and no fuel pump. The second ECU prolly isn't a HISS enabled one.

With your original ECU and popping the main fuse, I'd say someone mis-wired something. With the fuel pump constantly running with the new ECU I suspect mis-wiring even more. At this point before taking her anywhere, especially to another mechanic, I'd find the wiring schematic for the bike and trace the wires myself. Especially in areas where the electrician did any work. You'll want to look for any splices added and verify the color bands going into plugs match the ones on the schematic.

And possibly a reversed polarity on something.

motorhorse 11-25-2010 10:57 AM

is it throwing any trouble codes? what do mean by you got a shorter socket?

dont really know/understand hiss but i think they are match to the ecu which would lead me to believe you would need a matching ignition + ecu?

Kuroshio 11-25-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by motorhorse (Post 991220)
is it throwing any trouble codes? what do mean by you got a shorter socket?

dont really know/understand hiss but i think they are match to the ecu which would lead me to believe you would need a matching ignition + ecu?

They are. Which leads me to believe the 2nd ECU isn't a HISS one because it's allowing the fuel pump to prime. And that something isn't wired right because the fuel pump constant on and the matched ecu (his original) blowing the master fuse

Krux 11-25-2010 11:59 AM

If your popping fuses that means there is a short some were. Buy a whole new wiring harness since it seems that nobody knows what there doing down there. To many wires spliced and putting into place. Start fresh or it'll cost you more in the long run.

joeroberts 11-25-2010 04:07 PM

check the fuel pump relay.

cbr600rossireplica 11-26-2010 07:31 AM

hey guys.

Thanks so much for teh replies :) really appreciate it.

ok here more info.

Before the fuse blowing up incident, everything was perfect. No warning signals or no FI light bleeping...

Once the fuse started blowing, the guy / mechanic (and he is the best down in this part of africa) did the whole bike re-wired.

Now another info is when i got the second hand ECU, it was from a guy in USA from ebay... now from what im getting, it seems the bikes in US do not have HISS ?? in which case, i guess it was a total waste of money :(

I do have the full manual (from the internet) of the f4i so you guys suggest i rewire it and will be ok ?

I was thinking of taking it to south so maybe they can "reprogram" the new ECU to my keys ?? reckon it would work ?

JOEROBERTS. how do i check for fuel pump relay ? what exactly am i suppose to see / look out for / test for ?

Regards :)

cbr600rossireplica 11-26-2010 07:32 AM

kurishio, the FI light is constaly on while the fuel pump is constantly priming....

Kuroshio 11-26-2010 07:47 AM

US edu won't have HISS so the dealer won't be able to reprogram it. Not sure how a HISS starter will react to a non-HISS edu. Should prolly ignore it.

You can check the FI code. The process is in the manual. Involves puting a wire jumper on a connector and counting the flashes. But if someone "rewired" the bike and that's when you started blowing the fuse, they screwed up somewhere. And the new edu isn't prolly necessary. If they won't redo the work (and they really should) then the easiest solution would be to get a complete wire harness off ebay uk and doing it yourself.

wizard 11-26-2010 11:17 AM

The HISS needs key to be programmed otherwise it dont work ,
There is a chip in the key and a reader in the cover near the ignition, the code in the key needs to be programed into the ecu, or you could program it yourself,

I dont think that this is the end of your adventure yet you may have fried a lot more stuff, sorry to bear bad news

details are here from a differnt forum,

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...r1000rr-89516/