F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Carbon Fiber Experiment

Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Default Carbon Fiber Experiment

Alright guys here's the deal...... I am going to start experimenting with carbon fiber, and I need some ram air ducts to get rolling. I have worked with fiberglass in the past, and there is a lot of similarties with carbon fiber. I need someone that has a set of duct's, and is not going to put there bike out of comission by lending them to me. What I am offering is IF the final product comes out as desired I will make a set of covers for you for free. If for some reason the final product does not come out so well I will ship your ducts back to you on my dime, and throw you some cash for the temporary lend. I am only using them for making the mold, and will not damage them, but if something happens I will replace them. If anybody is interested let me know, and we will go from there. Please do not commit to this if you are going to be in a hurry or your bike will be down because of this. I plan on doing this as soon as possiable, and already have all the components I need to move forward, so it won't take 3 months to get your stuff back. I know I have not been around this forum for very long, and I can understand anyone being hesitant to send parts of your bike to a stranger, but I am not a theif, liar or any other undesirable type of scumbag. The only real evidence I can provide you would be to look into my ebay feedback rating. My user name is Fordwizkid if you care to look. If all goes well I plan on making these to supply to others for a cheaper price then the current $200 price tag. What do yah say people ??

Old 05-26-2010, 07:31 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

if i was into carbon fiber ide be all over it.... sounds like a good idea though i say go for it... youtube carbon fiber kits it shows a guy makin some motorcycle parts... they come out nice...

Last edited by __Z__; 05-26-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:36 PM

Hmmm..... didn't even think of that. If this is inappropriate I apologize, and delete as needed. If not, the offer still stands for a free set for atleast one person !

Old 05-26-2010, 07:54 PM

I would totally take you up on it, but I don't want to put my bike out of commission this time of year, and I plan on making my own (hopefully during the winter).

Best of luck to you. If you care putting the time into doing so (and sharing), I would enjoy seeing a write-up with pictures.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:41 PM

I have a left ram air cover you can have, if I can find it......would just one help at all?

Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 AM

One would be a step in the right direction. If I can't borrow a set I'll be checking ebay to find a pair. I really want to get my hands on a set so I can look into the possability of making the entire piece out of carbon instead of just a cover, and like others I reall don't want to put my bike down during this time of the year. Stay tuned, I will deff. do a write up, and take pictures when I get going.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:57 AM

I have a set of C/F ones that don't fit well, plus one has some low side damage, and am interested in replacing. I only have the right side OEM one right now though. What part of Indiana are you in?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lamar Vannoy View Post
I have a set of C/F ones that don't fit well, plus one has some low side damage, and am interested in replacing. I only have the right side OEM one right now though. What part of Indiana are you in?

Southern Indiana, 25 miles from the Kentucky boarder.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM

I'm in Cincy so it's probably only like 1.5-2 away.