CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Can't figure out this damn noise... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/cant-figure-out-damn-noise-122635/)

w4ffl3s 03-19-2011 12:18 PM

Can't figure out this damn noise...

I've been looking up this noise for a while now and can't seem to find any answers. I found a YouTube video of another F4i making the same noise as mine, not sure of the year or if the OEM CCTL has been replaced. I've been thinking it was my CCTL, i replaced it with a manual ape tensioner. The manual tensioner fixed my rattle around 5.5k - 6k rpm rattle. Now i have this high frequency grinding/rattle noise. It only happens if i hold rpm around 6.5k or on deceleration from higher rpm. I just wanted to see what idea any has on this, or if anyone has a similar issue/fix. Thanks.

Video post:YouTube - CBR600F4i Noise?

DBEAU 03-19-2011 09:18 PM

My bike makes a similar noise but it is much less sharp sounding. I've narrowed it down to the speedometer. Try pushing down on the silver allen bolt on the lower right side of the speedo when it's making that noise and see if it goes away.

w4ffl3s 03-20-2011 02:42 AM

I'll try that next time i take it for a ride see if that does anything. All i can tell is its coming from the front end somewhere. It drives me nuts, i hear it every gear at the same RPM. It seems like it's internal to me but i could be wrong.

Slick 6 03-20-2011 07:03 AM

That sounds like a loose bolt or something that reverberate when the revs get to that point. Some weird harmonics happen...

I had a similar sound, but not that pitchy. It turn out to be the lower left bolt on the front fender that did not sit flush with said fender even though it was fully tightened. A rubber washer and voila, noise gone!

w4ffl3s 03-23-2011 09:36 PM

So, i took apart my bike this weekend, trying to see if anything is loose. I found nothing out of the usual. Everything looks tight just can't find where it's coming and it's hard to pin point it. I don't hear the noise when there's no load on the engine and it's a bit hard to pinpoint it while riding. This started about 4 months ago, and is pretty frustrating and annoying. I'll try taking another look this weekend see if i can figure it out. If anyone else has any ideas they are more then welcome. I appreciate the comments though. Thanks.

BHSPORT 05-15-2011 09:50 AM

Did you find anything after another look? Mine started acting up a few weeks ago too.

oxyg3ne 05-15-2011 11:01 AM

like many friend of mine said... dont try to find EVERY sound coming from you bike... i was like that.. i was hearing a weird noise and going crazy about it when i realise it was keyring vibrating... Lol.... sometime it can be very little thing..

tyrsmkkyle 05-15-2011 11:09 AM

It sounds like its a bolt or a bracket vibrating.. you will find it eventually i wouldnt worry much about it.:icon_bike: it

iceman600 05-15-2011 12:03 PM

I was freaked out about a noise on mine it sounded like it was coming from the front. Until I realized it was my license plate vibrating because I have it attached with zap straps

w4ffl3s 06-14-2011 01:23 AM

Sorry for not reply back on this sooner. I actually never figured out what was the cause, but after tearing my bike down for some maintenence and cleaning then put it all back together. Problem seemed to resolve itself. But now i got an annoying valve tap and oil seeping on the crankcase cover. Not sure if thats related or from my new exhaust and no pc3.