F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Can we get a actual F4I exhaust sound byte thread?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can we get a actual F4I exhaust sound byte thread?

I have a D & D on my '01 and they are right, it is loud. To me it has a little rumble and when you crank down on it, where's the ear plugs! I like it and everybody else seems to as well. I try to let her rev down whenever I see the po-po.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Registered Users

Yoshimura TRS Titanium Vid and Sound Byte

Old 09-01-2006, 01:33 AM

sounds nice. i like how it sounds at idle. i was pretty much set on a two brothers m2 but i dont know ive been liking the sounds of the yoshi's lately. only thing is it seems like everyone around here has them, i prefer to be different. any thoughts?

Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 AM

My Jardine sounds very similiar except with out the "whistleing".

stephygee while doin that close up at idle you musta been startin to catch a buzz.[sm=smiley29.gif]

Old 09-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: canadianF4i

My Jardine sounds very similiar except with out the "whistleing".

stephygee while doin that close up at idle you musta been startin to catch a buzz.[sm=smiley29.gif]

Well, that's the odd thing....the camera picked up the "whistling" noise, but I couldn't hear it. I know that while I was standing there filming, and when I'm riding, the whistling sound can't be heard. I noticed the same sound on the other video in this thread, so I'm wondering if it's common to the F4i. Maybe someone can do a video/sound byte with their stock exhaust to figure this out.

Nope...I wasn't getting a buzz on the closeup...I love the smell of motorcycle exhaust [8D]...but my neighbors were getting pissed about the noise, so I stopped gunning the engine

Old 09-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this when I was looking for sound clips:
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

I have a D&D. It is so loud that when we dyno'ed it (wearing ear plugs) I still wanted to cover my ears.

The problem with a D&D is that is is impossible to get anywhere quietly. If you let the revs drop too low then you'll get a REALLY loud under load sound instead of quiet. If you bring the revs past 8000 the whole town will hear you... and if you try to ride between 3000-5000 rpm until you're out of your community you'll spend your life shifting and STILL making loaded engine sounds.

D&D really is a track only pipe - and - if you're going to the track there are better exhausts out there

I'd trade my D&D in as is shape for a stock system... if I didn't take it to the track...

Old 09-01-2006, 05:13 PM

I wil tyr to get you a sound clip of mine but i not think I will be able to post it I will yet ya know maybe I will just email it 2 ya !

Old 09-01-2006, 07:18 PM

I listened to all of the most popular brands in the link woot supplied and to me they all sound similiar but with slightly differant levels of "muffling". The D&D definetely sounds the most open, Holy Crap that's loud![:@]

Old 09-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to appologize to everyone when they ride behind me... it's that bad. :-/

Then again - when I'm alone on empty road and can let her wind out the lower gears I do have alot of fun... probably something to do with riding a honda.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:36 PM

i have a micron carbon fiber slip-on for my 01 f4i it was way to quiet so i took out all the baffling and damn its nice and loud now.
it has a nice rumble all the way up to 4,500rpms then it becomes a single loud tone til 5,500rpms then it gowes back to loud rumbles itss so nice

it sounds just like a d&d

Quick Reply: Can we get a actual F4I exhaust sound byte thread?