F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Can I ride your bike??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I ride your bike??

The question that raises the hair on the back of my neck .... What do you do when someone asks you? I don't like to be rude but I had one fella drop my previous bike and that was lesson enough for me. Also, how do you feel about people who, without asking, just get on your bike to sit on it?? Is it me or do these people get under your skin also?

Cheers,
Chris

Old 08-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Default RE: Can I ride your bike??

NO......people should not even ask [:'(]

Old 08-07-2006, 10:03 PM

plain and simple.

NO.

If people wanna be a bitch about it, i say, allright, lemme ride your girlfriend, then you can ride mine. They usually say no. Now, Unless it is another cycler like myself, who i know can ride, ive seen ride and has proven there skills to me, and also has insurance then i might let them ride it ONLY if i am riding or will riding theirs.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:07 PM

If i ever saw someone sitting on my bike i would yell at them and ask them what they would do if they went out to the garage and some some stranger sitting in there benz testing out the heated seats....hell no. Dont stand for it, and if i can beat them up or if it looks like i can i will get in this fools face and tell em thats ****ing disrespecting me and my bike, i dont tolerate that ****. One time i was at bar and i saw a guy using my wind shield on my bike to lean while he was talking to some chick, i walked straight out and said excuse me, he looked at his hand and looked at me and pulled it right off,and he apologized... i think it wasnt so bad cus i had a few beers in me, but still...if he woulda pushed my bike over.. it would have been the end for him !!!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:38 PM

i dont mind if people sit on it when im standing right there and am watching what they are doing but i wont let anyone ride it unless i know they can ride

Old 08-07-2006, 11:19 PM

You don't sit on a bike unless you ask.
You don't ask to ride someones bike unless you already know the answer AND you would have no problems:

a. letting them ride yours
b. repairing or paying for any damage you do if you put it down

If you don't have a bike of your own you have NO BUSINESS asking to ride someone elses.

If someone asks to ride mine and I have not known them for awhile and know their riding style, I simply answer "No". If I came out and saw someone sitting on my bike without me asking we would have a little discussion about respecting others property.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:36 PM

Yeah i hate that question too. But the answer is definitely NO. Let my friend try and ride my F2 and he dropped it on a curve. Ever since then everyone who asks gets a quick no. Well there was one exception, my girlfriend's dad. But he said that he had been riding for a long time and had a lot of experience on a bike. So I let him ride it so i could keep relations with the lady . That was the only exception, other than that nobody can ride unless i know they can handle it and pay for it if something happened.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:02 AM

A buddy of mine bought a new Kawi 650R a few months ago and he asked me to ride it to see what I thought. I said no thank you. Not going to get in the middle of that mess. I let my uncle ride mine, but only because he's been riding for 45 or so years, to anyone else...nope.
Haven't had anyone sit on mine yet because it's never out of my sight. If it did happen, I will not be pleased.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:13 AM

nope

Old 08-08-2006, 03:23 AM

i find that the majority of friends that ask if they can ride my bike are drunk when they ask so i just laugh at em and say no, sometimes they beg and thats when they get a harmless smack and a stfu, that usually ends it. as for people sitting on it a stranger never has sat on it or leaned against it but if they did we would have a lil dialog about that but everyone i know usually asks first and if theyre a chick they get the go ahead lol

Quick Reply: Can I ride your bike??