F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

California's most unreliable honda

Old 12-05-2017, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
If the BAS bypass was not good, the fuel pump wouldn't work.

The ignition has the diode, but does it drop the voltage to 9v?
Yeh your right , that went out of my head while I was looking for a different angle

Old 12-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Bypassing all the electrical stuff is always a no no in my book, just makes the electrical a big jumbled mess. Fuel pump does not pair with the ignition. Long story short, I bent the fingers on the reluctor plate at the end of the exhaust cam while doing valves. Had no spark, fuel pump primed and pumped every time. Is there no power going to ignition coils? Find where the power comes from and see why it isen't. Otherwise its time to pay a professional for diag.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been working on the f4i model for quiet some time all together and I've come to the conclusion that if every single sensor on the bike s(bank angle sensor.. kickstand sensor ect.. ignition diode ect.. ect.. ) is not in working order or bypassed, then the fuel pump will not prime and there will be no spark at all. Now I've never had the fuel pump prime and there not be any spark. I've swapped out the ignition pulse pickup coil on the right clutch cover twice. At one point I had taken a multimeter to the coil wire sub harness with the black and white wire that is in every plug to each coil along side a either a blue and black wire wich would be number 1 cylinder. I followed the black and white wire to the actual plug on the sub harness, on the plug that it connects to, to the main harness. I touched the positive lead from my multimeter to the black and white wire.. And grounded the negative lead from my multimeter and it read 13ish volts... And that confused me... And I did the same to each colord wire that goes to the coils and my multimeter read nothing.. And there was no spark in any coil. I swapped out coils...yes.. so I'm stumped. My stator is good. Yes I'm sure. And also I have swapped brains as well. WTF IS WRONG WITH MY BIKE lol

Old 12-06-2017, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Hi matey, sorry this is so frustrating , and I'm bound to ask you questions that you've gone through, and I'm sorry this is another inane question, but what codes is your bike putting out if any, does sound like the cam pulse generator ,especially with the pump priming but as you have swapped that out could it be the wiring and connector
Another thought are you getting a pulse to the injectors

Last edited by CaBaRet; 12-06-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm unaware of how to put the bike in... diagnostic mode? I take it is what you mean when you ask what codes it's giving me.. nor do I have a code reader for a motorcycle. I do know of the plug that a code reader would plug into on the bike tho. What do I need to know about jumping the wires on the.plug and what steps.do I take to get the codes and what they mean?

Old 12-08-2017, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Charles do you have the workshop manual
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...0f4i-2001.html

Last edited by CaBaRet; 12-08-2017 at 05:19 AM.