CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   California's most unreliable honda (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/californias-most-unreliable-honda-156881/)

Charles Willis 12-04-2017 07:03 AM

California's most unreliable honda

Okay so I'm new to this whole forum posting stuff and I hope I post this in the correct place and my bad if I didn't. I could use some help as much as possible and I'm desperate for some help with my f4i.. for months now day after day I've been trying to get my bike to run again.. So long story short I am now at the point where I have no spark at all and yet my fuel pump still primes. I have the diode and resistor in the ignition and the tip over sensor is bypassed as well as everything else that can be bypassed
I've tried 2 different ecu computers and still no spark at all I have swapped out my cam sensors the pulse generator and stator. I have no clue what's wrong with it. My life has been miserable since my bike quit running I spend day and night trying to figure this id like to say I know alot about the 2001 f4i 600 but apparently not so what would cause it not to spark but fuel pump primes ? As far as I understood if the f4i looses spark for whatever reason the fuel pump won't prime. And if the fuel pump does prime then there should be spark. ? Am I wrong ?

74demon 12-04-2017 09:01 AM

I think you're wrong about the spark/pump thing. Have you checked the fi fuse? That would take out the power to the coils and injectors...

Where in California are you?

Charles Willis 12-04-2017 11:02 AM

I wish it was just a fuse.lol What fuse slot would that be tho just in case cause i don't have a fusebox cap.

Charles Willis 12-04-2017 11:03 AM

And I'm in Bakersfield by the way

74demon 12-04-2017 12:12 PM

20a, second from the end.

If you were closer, I'd give you a hand in person with it. I'm in the south, quite a ways from Bakersfield.

Charles Willis 12-04-2017 04:55 PM

Tru thanks anyways but isint that fuse location the location for the fan fuse ?

74demon 12-04-2017 05:25 PM

Might be. Check all the fuses. One will say fi on the legend.

Charles Willis 12-04-2017 08:04 PM

All my fuse are good... I'm gonna torch this bike I swear I've been going crazy over this **** for 3 months now day and night working on this bike I just wanna ride so bad you have no.idea.

CaBaRet 12-04-2017 11:35 PM

Hi , bit of a long shot here , but check the 12pin connector to the front light harness ,that holds the BAS , I know you have bypassed the BAS but if that connector is loose it will negate your bypass, grasp the connection ,hold it in tight and see if it will fire, long shot I know

74demon 12-05-2017 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet (Post 1309873)
Hi , bit of a long shot here , but check the 12pin connector to the front light harness ,that holds the BAS , I know you have bypassed the BAS but if that connector is loose it will negate your bypass, grasp the connection ,hold it in tight and see if it will fire, long shot I know

If the BAS bypass was not good, the fuel pump wouldn't work.

The ignition has the diode, but does it drop the voltage to 9v?