F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Buying used slip on

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying used slip on

Any issues with buying a used exhaust? Mostly wondering how fast the packing goes bad. Don't wanna end up with a super-loud pipe.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:57 AM

almost all pipes can be repacked for less than $25 (if you do it yourself). So even if it is bad it's not a problem. If the price is right and it's in good shape and you need a new one, I would say buy it.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:15 AM

Do you already have a brand in mind? If you see D&D written anywhere....run. Your ears will be happy.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Banned

thanks, I guess I'll just look for something in good condition.

haha yeah I'm sticking to the quieter brands or something with an insert. Last time I asked that question everyone was all like, well if you want quiet stick to stock! geesh I just want something I can hear with headphones in but not too loud.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 AM

Nothing wrong with buying used. I replaced a super loud D&D with a used Micron on my last F4i and was extremely pleased with the result. Repacking a used can isn't all that hard and well worth the effort considering the cost compared to buying new.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:06 PM

I purchased my lightly used (under 500miles) carbon fiber bootleg pipe from out of state and it came to me in mint condition..

Im not gonna lie though...it is LOUDDDD...If it wasent such a gorgeously crafted pipe I would consider something quieter like a 2 bros or the such

I wouldnt worry about buying a used pipe, like others have said, re-packing it is fairly easy

Old 01-13-2011, 12:10 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

used pipes are all i buy... new ones (unless you know where to look) are stupidly expensive...

Old 01-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Banned

Now, I'm on an 06, so obviously I need to either use an o2 simulator, or buy a midpipe with o2 sensor bung or weld one on (easy if it isn't titanium).

Thing is I'm probably gonna get a power commander anyway - so I'm guessing running an o2 sensor isn't gonna be making any difference with the PC piggybacking (unless of course you use the wideband auto-tune add-on)

Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 PM
July 2010 ROTM

no, youll still need the sensor or the eliminator even while running a pc. the eliminator from dynojet isnt too expensive if i remeber right and it should be plug and play.

and i pretty much only buy used exhausts as well, my mind changes too often

Old 01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought my Yoshi RS3 used.. has a slight ding on the top but not enough to bother me. plus it was about 1/3rd the price of a new one... I sold my Micron slip on to someone else.. nothing wrong with it just wanted something quieter... as vangill said.. easy enough to change the sound... since I already had an aftermarket pipe I used the same intermediate pipe.. for you, you would need the intermediate pipe them...

if you are thinking of getting a Yoshi, only the really new ones (I think like less than a year) have the outlet that will accommodate the db killer if that is what you are interested in.. for me the RS3 has the perfect tone and sound level.. so its a non issue.

Quick Reply: Buying used slip on