CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Buying aftermarket fairings off Ebay (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/buying-aftermarket-fairings-off-ebay-117235/)

bowflexmaverick 10-03-2010 09:24 PM

Buying aftermarket fairings off Ebay

Whoever has purchased fairing kits off of ebay, I'd like to know from who and if you recommend them to purchase more kits from them? Cause I need a full kit on my 2002 f4i. Thanks I appreciate it.

bowflexmaverick 10-03-2010 09:39 PM

Ok thanks, ill take a look at them

__Z__ 10-04-2010 08:09 AM

use the search this question has been answered 10000000000000 times... no joke

R Dub 10-04-2010 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by zmds18 (Post 973612)
use the search this question has been answered 10000000000000 times... no joke

+100. I went with Delkevic. Here is my review of them: https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/delkevic-fairing-review-105507/

So far I really like them. The fit was great and good price. I have had them on for a season now with zero issues. The only thing to notes is where the slider hole is drilled. I like it but it is different than where everyone else drills them and all fairings come pre-drilled.

Veibz 10-04-2010 11:41 AM

Don't Do EBAY! I tried that route. Long story short, the only thing I even kept was the side fairings. Everything else I had to paint as their fit just sucked. Not even going to waste my time trying to send them back....just a lessoned learned on my end.

R Dub 10-04-2010 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Veibz (Post 973661)
Don't Do EBAY! I tried that route. Long story short, the only thing I even kept was the side fairings. Everything else I had to paint as their fit just sucked. Not even going to waste my time trying to send them back....just a lessoned learned on my end.

This is not necessarily true. Like I said I went with Delkevic and had 0 fitment issues. I know a lot of other people have used there stuff with no issues as well. Auctmarts is another company that has a pretty good rep for having good fitment. If you go with a no name guy off Ebay then yes you might have some fitment issues but if you stick to the Delkevic or Auctmarts I am sure you will not have a problem. Both these companies sell through Ebay.

gotcbr 10-04-2010 12:57 PM

I've seen most all of 'em. I recommend Nicecycle fairings at www.nicecycle.com . Not the cheapest but quality, fit, & finish, are very good.

Other choices will certainly suffice tho. Its just a matter of what you want for your money.

R Dub's bike looks great w/ the Delkevic. Those may be a good budget choice. Glad they worked well for him.

Good luck shopping.

NYKnick1015 10-04-2010 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Veibz (Post 973661)

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 973668)
This is not necessarily true. Like I said I went with Delkevic and had 0 fitment issues. I know a lot of other people have used there stuff with no issues as well. Auctmarts is another company that has a pretty good rep for having good fitment. If you go with a no name guy off Ebay then yes you might have some fitment issues but if you stick to the Delkevic or Auctmarts I am sure you will not have a problem. Both these companies sell through Ebay.

it really depends on the bike... some of the older bikes, the fitment isn't spot on but thats more f2-f3.... i dont see alot of people complaining about f4i aftermarket farings tho... and auctmart has a 100% fitment gaurentee for some of their farings so check it out

Veibz 10-04-2010 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub (Post 973668)

Your right. I got mine off the Moto777 guy that post all over the place. Delkevic has a pretty good name. I just saw cheap cheap cheap and my bike being almost 10 yrs old, I figured that would be just fine. I have learned that you get what you pay for. $500 to my door step for everything was hard to pass up lol.

Good luck!

NYKnick1015 10-04-2010 01:32 PM

i got mines off of moto777 as well... i do recommend them