CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   But do you still love her? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/but-do-you-still-love-her-157387/)

F4i4ever 04-04-2018 12:04 AM

But do you still love her?

and only her?.

Ok, I'm standing in the honda dealership the other day to pick up a few things, sprockets, chain and some SEXY new metzeler roadtechs.

While Im waiting, I start browsing the bikes on display.

Then I realize Im literally, starting to get a feeling of despair bordering on anxiety.
This feeling was brought on by the sudden realization that one day my 01 F4I is going to have an issue that I wont be able to repair or at least may not be able to justify the cost of repair.
I fell instantly in love with the F4s when I first saw them , and KNEW that this would be my bike when the time came that I would get back on a bike.

Everything about these bikes (minus the plate hanger assembly) just grabs my eye and I love it. Even her fat tail is appealing , though admittedly not the sleekest tail Ive seen on a bike.

Ive seen plenty of great looking bikes on my wanderings , from all manufacturers. But still nothing that would replace my F4i. And from what ive seen of the newer Honda models any replacement would likely be from a different company. Guess I'll always like the full fairings. partial fairings just seem to leave the bike looking unfinished to me.

I mean here it is 17 years later and in my opinion the F4i still wins the beauty contest hands down regardless of her age.
Just wondering if anyone else still loves their bike as much as when they were new, regardless of model.

Or am I just sick ? lol

trachito 04-04-2018 07:29 AM

I feel this way about my Ducati Monster, but she doesn't always treat me well, which is why I've contemplated selling her. Something tells me, if I do, I'll want her back in a few years, so I'm apprehensive to do so.

The main issue I've had with her is hard to start in cold weather.

F4i4ever 04-04-2018 09:50 AM

Ive been so lucky with this one, no major issues that werent self inflicted. I know I'll have to get another bike someday, but this one will always be in the garage, running or not. Maybe throw a piece of glass over her and bam! new coffee table lol. Sure the wife wouldn't argue .... much.

The monster is an interesting bike too. Ive noticed a few of the owners seem to have a love/hate relationship with them.

74demon 04-04-2018 10:11 AM

Every time I go to a dealer, I can't help but to look at the new bikes and imagine replacing the 929. All the new styling, performance increases, and suspension upgrades...

Styling? The sleek looks seem to lack style, or at least in comparison to what I'm used to.
Performance increase? Absolutely. But the old blade is wicked fast as it is, do I need more?
Suspension upgrades? Sure. But mine is all dialed in and has never let me down.

They're light, too light. Seat is hard and thin(on the RR). The trunk sucks, I can go Christmas shopping in mine. I would need to ride in a backpack and I hate that idea. Sitting on them, they just don't feel right to me. Then, I see the price tag......

I guess I'm used to my heavy old paid off mechanically sound clean dialed in comfortable 2001 blade. So I ride home with rejuvenated love for her.

They don't make them like they used to. The early 2000s were a very special time in the development of sportbikes.

Same train of thought can be applied to women....

Gunk 04-04-2018 01:33 PM

The problem is that I’ve aged with my bike, although I love my old Blade I find the ergonomics uncomfortable and the bike heavy around town, at 53 I have a dodgy back and hip so for me it’s getting time to change to a more upright naked.

F4i4ever 04-04-2018 04:57 PM

I feel ya on the aging part Gunk, my sons see me hobble in the door after a road trip and joke about mounting a cane to the side of the bike for me. (think they're joking lol)

And as demon suggested, applying the same train of thought to women ... well how much pain the wife has caused me over the years and I haven't trade her in yet so I sure wont be able to trade in the true love of my life either lol

hamlin6 04-04-2018 08:11 PM

I would like to have a new one but my F3 is my absolute favorite kind of bike, paid for. Gotta echo Demon on his statements.
On a somewhat related thing, I have an 07 Wrangler. I went on travel last year and the only available rental car was brand new, fully loaded Wrangler with less than 50 miles on it
I really didn't want to rent it because I thought it would make me want to trade in mine. Funny thing, it didn't at all. It made appreciate what I have.

boredandstroked 04-05-2018 04:24 PM

I have newer bikes, but my F4i is still my daily and I'll never get rid of her. Eventually she'll probably be a coffee table, but I'll still have her.

wes 17 04-06-2018 10:40 AM

Probably shouldn’t say it but I’d love a Ducati Panigale....but if I had to get rid of mine for it ?...not a chance ! Ever.
Dream Machine painted 900rrs smokin joe.

Frazecdn 04-08-2018 02:45 PM

You aren't sick. I would agree ...my '06 F4i (despite having the loved or hated banana seat) has great style for a 12 year old bike. If I were to replace it with another sport bike I honestly don't even know what I would get. The CBR was/is literally the perfect combination of SS speed and stellar comfort in one package, add Honda reliability to that and its hard to beat it. I don't see me ever selling mine.