CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   bummed out (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/bummed-out-123667/)

05CBR600F4i 04-09-2011 02:58 AM

bummed out

so im just looking for some words of encouragement/advice/criticism. So i bought a 05 f4i and did a little cosmetic rebuild on it over the winter. got a great deal on it and all the parts. Bought it at the end of january adn since have laid it down twice at low speeds. first time i goosed it off the start and this time i locked up my brakes shortly after getting on and lost it. The bike is fine just rashed up and i just freshly painted it less than a month ago and finally got it pretty much back together except for the ram air duct covers. I want to sell it sooner or later anyway but i love riding it so much but with two minor incidents already.....im probably just bummed and this will pass just wanted to hear what others have to say. if anyone is intrested in purchasing shoot me an email at cegarmon@alumni.iu.edu we can talk numbers and specifics.

thanks guys

Turbulenz 04-09-2011 08:06 AM

hmm.. you have two choices..

sell and stick to 4 wheels..
learn to ride well and/or take the MSF course..

Not to be a dick.. the choice is yours. hope that is encouraging..

F34Me? 04-09-2011 08:56 AM

+1

It is up to you. But a rider who is doubting himself is much more prone to injuring both himself and his bike. If you are not wanting to gain more skill by both research and practice then it may be time to find a new hobby.

AnthonyTxL 04-09-2011 10:11 AM

Assuming you took the MSF course already, just keep practicing.

If not, you're just asking to wipe out all the time until you get proper training.
It's like handing a 14 yr old the keys to a Veyron.

redzintimidator 04-09-2011 11:37 AM

Take the Derek Zoolander Course For Kids Who Can't Ride Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too. (AKA msf)

to make it so you cant do much, adjust your throttle so you cannot go balls to to the wall.

and adjust your rear brake so it basically does nothing, that thing is nothing but trouble for beginners i think. It locks up very easily. I know some might disagree to this, but going sideways because your trying to slow down quickly will just make n00bs squirm. It was the cause of my f3's wreck. i know how to handle it now though.

AnthonyTxL 04-09-2011 12:20 PM

^
A month after finishing MSF and buying my bike, I had to do an emergency stop once at an intersection b/c an ambeeance was coming. I was hard on both my brakes, and my rear locked. Luckily MSF instinct kicked in, so I stayed on the rear while it skidded until I came to a stop.

I remember how freaked I was and the quick adrenaline, but I'm glad it happened. So yeah, best to do some emergency stop practicing even after MSF to get it down, preferably in an empty parking lot. :cool:

DBEAU 04-09-2011 12:28 PM

Confidence goes a long way.

Krux 04-09-2011 01:13 PM

Be as confident when your old lady comes in the room with sexy clothes on and your about to show her who is boss. Same thing with the bike. Show her who is boss and take control with confidence. If you doubt it in the bedroom you'll doubt on the street.

Dragondima 04-09-2011 01:40 PM

Yea man, sorry to hear about the misfortune. What's the details on the bike? Where are you located etc?

The MSF course is awesome. Here in Philly it's tough to get in to, but worth the wait. Other than that, just take it slow and easy. Take small rides, and get confident and comfortable again. Best of luck!

05CBR600F4i 04-09-2011 02:48 PM

thanks guys...i appreciate it. Im positive that it was the back break. is there a thread on how to adjust your back break? Im confident and have put almost five hundred miles on it since getting it. I guess it was just my bad day/night. As for the bike...shes fine just a few scabs on the side fairing, a crack in my headlight fairing (nothing i cant fiberglass) and a scrape on the front cowl. no big gouges. i appreciate all the replies. i plan on getting back on her as soon as my new break lever comes in.