F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Colour scheme & Decals

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colour scheme & Decals

Hi,

Can anyone clear up my question?

I have a 2002 CBR600f4i F2, it is though and always has been in the red/black colour scheme & wears the F Sport decals.....!

It quite clearly has the one piece seat & frame is silver not black, forks are silver not gold.... etc...

I have come across photo's of other bikes some black/red some black/silver with the F Sport decals but appear not to be FS as single seat on them all....

Any ideas on how / why my bike is like this.... I am about to have it repainted & new decals and want to keep it as it is as I love it & i'm
used to it being like that but also have it in the back of my mind that I should lose the F sport decals if this not as should be...

Thanks

Matt

Old 09-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Have you had it since new? Otherwise it could be a fairing swap. I don't see the center stand that comes on non sport models across the pond there either.

Old 09-25-2018, 04:07 PM

Hi,

No only had it just over 2yrs myself & 4 previous keepers.... Trying to trace it back through them to get some insight into history.. Your right no centre stand on it either but that could of easily been removed.... I original thought fairing swap too but questioning it as I have come across quite a few "single seat" models with the "F Sport" decals.....
Thinking maybe a cross over / end of line model using up stock of parts as you quite often get with cars...?? 2002 was I think when the FS ended & the RR took over.....??? All just thoughts.....??? Hence why asking if anyone has also come across single seaters decaled with F Sport & has any proper answers.....

Would be nice to know as I do get asked from time to time "Thought the F Sports were dual seats...? Why's yours got those decals...??"

Any info would be much appreciated.... I love it like this so will probably keep with it anyway...

Thanks M.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:18 PM

Perhaps its based on the US models. In 2003 the RR came out here, and the F4i was sold along side it with both having dual seats. In 04 we got the single seat, but kept all the sport components [better cams, flywheel, adjustable suspension, no center stand] So maybe they did something similar over there in Europe when the RR came out?

Old 09-29-2018, 05:27 PM

Hi....!!

Thanks very much for the input... This is great info & along the lines I was thinking... I have come across a few single seat variants with the F Sport decals, no centre stand etc... which is what took my thoughts away from previous owner fairing swap or decal change & when stripping my down it was quite obvious from the state of some of the fixings & the apparent looking age of some minor body damage that the body had not been stripped of completely in years.

I will when I have spare time continue to look further into this & open to any further info from anyone else....

Many Thanks

Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mate, one quick way to check would be where and how the fairing bolts on the left near the side stand. On the UK F model(banana seat), the screw goes onto the centre stand. I removed my centre stand and now there is no where a screw can go into, so cable tie holds it in place. I am pretty sure, if it's a UK model then an F sport means twin seat and black frame. Also why would the tail decal not say sport?
Or it could be a genuine F sport, but the subframe was changed, ether due to a crash or due to the then owner wanting a comfortable seat or pillion friendliness and he stripped the black paint off of the mainframe to go with the nude subframe.
Another way to check is to give it some beans and see where the rev limiter kicks in. The F sport has a slightly higher rpm ceiling due to slightly different top internals-mainly springs.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:31 PM

Had a complete change of colour scheme in the end as came across a nearly mint complete set of bodywork including tank, all panels, front mudguard & sliders for £350..... actually preferring it to my original colours now so will be sticking with it.... but still have another complete 2nd hand set made up from different sources to be painted up at some point.....

Old 11-20-2018, 06:21 PM

That rear tire hugger looks good