F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

bought wrecked f4i no spark no fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought wrecked f4i no spark no fuel

So I purchased a 01 4fi in order to fix it. The bike was is a wreck. Did not respond at all when key was turned. Found the ground cable was loose and fixed that issue. Now all lights come on and cluster lights up with solid fi light on. cranks fine and fuel pump is tested good.

I have bypassed the tip over sensor and the clutch switch. I checked the ecu and two relays by the passenger left side. I have another running 01 f4i so I can swap parts pretty easily. The wiring has been hacked up by the ecu, the prev owner must have has the bright idea to extend all the ecu wiring and store the ecu in the trunk lol. Dont ask me why.
when I hit the killswitch I can hear the relays clicking.

I had to break the ignition switch because I never received the original keys.

The only oddity I have found is when I connect the big black ecu plug the spark plug flickers and then stops, every time I plug or unplug the black connector the spark plug does this. I have the spark plug connected to the coil and laying on the valve cover so I can see it.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

figured it out. the pink wire in the ignition harness must be under 10volts. more like 9 volts I think it was if its not exact it could be bad or bad wiring. In my case the pink wire was cut because from the crash the forks slammed against the harness so hard it cut the wire.
there is that flat peice of plastic on the wiring loom on the frame neck thats where it was cut after that everything was good to go