CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Bought new fairing have some questions (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/bought-new-fairing-have-some-questions-121423/)

schusterjo 02-20-2011 08:29 AM

Bought new fairing have some questions

1 Attachment(s)
2006 CBR 600 f4I yellow

Attachment 50285

Paint.... I ordered black unpainted sides an front.... What color is the sides? i just took a look at it an to my suprise it seems to be some dark gray color with yellow decals...

Where do i get paint codes?

Also was considering painting orange with black or gray decals... not sure how much work that would take

redzintimidator 02-20-2011 09:43 AM

paint codes should be under the seat. Whats wrong with the fairings on it? they dont look bad.

crazychris1981 02-20-2011 10:56 AM

+1 how bad is that upper..mine has rash and previous owner busted the turn signal holes.. i am looking for new one, or good used one..i took my bike to a paint shop with my new tail and they told me they can match paint perfect.. if you paint it orange you will have to paint the whole bike...last i checked to have it done it cost as much as new painted fairings..unless you are good diy painter...my bike is silver and black...but my side fairings are black with silver decals...

schusterjo 02-20-2011 11:08 AM

Well This picture was taken before the drop.... the upper has crack in it at the thinnest part near the upper left corner of from headlight to edge.. an the CBR decal has some scraped off.. the left has some bad scratches near the rear top edge but has no cracks.. I will take a pic give me a few min...

Dragondima 02-20-2011 11:11 AM

colorrite.com is where i got the paint code for my red/black f4i.

schusterjo 02-20-2011 11:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 50282
Attachment 50283

crazychris1981 02-20-2011 11:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
do your self a favor and get frame sliders...you might have some damage on upper and stator cover but not the side fairing..i went down a week ago doing 30mph... sorry for the blood i took these after the wreck before i cleaned it...

schusterjo 02-20-2011 12:08 PM

Ya I plan on getting frame sliders..... was next on my list along with Two brothers exhaust... Just bad deal this happened tho.... been riding all my life an nothing like this ever happened to me on a street bike, dirt bike ya but that's a different story all together... Anyways plan on getting all fixed up painted an ready to roll by end of march.. Really debating to go with orange, did not like the yellow but as i said the bike was at the right price so i grabbed it right before winter started..

crazychris1981 02-20-2011 08:14 PM

i know exactly what you mean.. i was just going to ride down the street so i didn't take my helmet.. ended up losing traction on rear tire as i was throttling up and it laid down.. i did a face plant and got 3 stitches above my eye...i am with ya on the yellow.. thats why i was glad to get my silver one...have you thought about doing the 01-02 split seat tail conversion? makes the bike look more sporty rather than a touring bike...

schusterjo 02-21-2011 09:09 AM

Well I got the bike to go riding around with my wife an well to run back an forth to work cause my durango get like 12Mpg..... To be honest wit you I really wanted a R1 an had planned on getting one till I came across this bike.. Was in super nice an the price was cheap....