F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bootleg Mini (GP Style) CF Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bootleg Mini (GP Style) CF Pipe

yo...i said unload not load...the swinger unloadswhen you do a stoppie, when you crest a big hill, etc. it will hit the bottom of the swinger.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tahoe,

Exactly, there is no way the exhaust is going to hit the swingarm. As it sits, the swingarm/bike/suspension is completely unloaded. I can lift the back of my bike and the wheel will come off the ground and the swingarm still doesnt hit the pipe. Unless the suspension stretches somehow? I dunno. Let me know what you think, I dont wanna miss something....

Old 08-23-2007, 04:23 PM

when sitting, the weight of the bike itself loads the suspension a little bit
So yeah tahoe is right, there should be some clearance below the swingarm for those kind of situations

just to give you an idea, when your setting the sag on a bike the first thing you do is have a couple people lift up each end of the bike enough to let the suspension completely unload (not both ends at the same time obviously) to give you a bas measurement. Obviously if the bike was completely unloaded sitting, that wouldn't be necessary.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:29 PM

i left like 1/4" to 1/2" between midpipe and swinger to make sure it won't hit if it unloads as it wa****ting before.the only way i was able to test this was to push down on the rear hard and let it bounce back up fast and see if it cleared. the older/softer the shock/spring, the higher the more it'll unload and then some. so it really depends on bike to bike.

just go and push really hard on the rear tail and see if it hits or not. i think for most it should be ok but for those whose suspension takes a beating, like at a track, it may hit depending on how much clearance there is.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:31 PM

I know what you guys are saying. My bike is pretty new and maybe my shock is on a stiff setting. I just lifted the bike and the swingarm didn't come any closer to the pipe than when its sitting. My brother verified too. But all this being said, I can and will make a little more clearance. What you see is only a prototype and I do appreciate all the feedback. This is the kind of thing I need to hear to make it right the first time. My first article is finished and will post pics later today.

Tom

Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 PM

ok mang, i was hoping you wouldn't take it wrong but you didn't!

yea it may not sag much or at all when you lift the bike and let the swinger hang but it will unload more if you're in a bouncy type deal. probably not by much though. that's why i said push on the rear seat so the suspension compresses and go apes#it doing it and see if it clears on rebound.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:22 PM

Ok Guys,

I took your opinions and I think I've got a sick set up now. More clearance, quieter etc. Take a look. I've worked on the backpressure a little and I still might need to do more tuning. But right now its runs good and sounds sick! At idle its a little raspy but while riding it screams with a loud smooth tone. Sounds like a race bike. Anyway, take a look at the pics. I had all my neighbors coming out of their offices to listen to me do some fly bys on a small street here. I'm still working on a way to secure it a little with some kind of hanger.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:54 PM

That looks outstanding!! And that first sound clip sounded great! and for crappy computer speakers...i'll bet its even better to the real ear!! cant wait to see/hear the finished product!

Old 09-08-2007, 07:47 PM

Oh my god, I can't decide wether I want this one or the CF Shorty you have! You do good work my friend. Message me, how much are they all??

Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 PM

Greetings. New to the site. Stupid question. For the Mini GP Style CF Pipe, did you ever mock up using your other Shorty can on the Mini GP Style Pipe? I assume it would help with the exhaust volume but didn't know if it "worked," physically? Your doing a great job with all the work you are doing on the exhaust. Thanks.

Mark A.

Quick Reply: Bootleg Mini (GP Style) CF Pipe