F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bootleg Mini (GP Style) CF Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bootleg Mini (GP Style) CF Pipe

Ok, I just finished the Mini CF pipe. This thing is freakin loud Loud LOUD!! Kinda raspy due to there not being much pipe to baffle the sound. I didnt have time to get some fly by vids, that will be tomorrow. Here is a sneak peak. Let me know what you think. Ignore the welds. I suck at welding, especially stainless. My brother wasnt around so I took the liberty.

http://viceindustriessportbike.com/c..._Mini_F4i1.MPG

Old 08-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Default RE: Bootleg Mini (GP Style) CF Pipe

one thing i notice is that your fairing is a different shape then my 02 f4i. i dont think this pipe would fit one the fairing that i have, which seems like the fairing most other f4is have. heres what i mean:

http://www.bikewalls.com/wallpaper/H.../1024x768.html
vs
http://www.bikewalls.com/wallpaper/H.../1024x768.html

take a look at the fairing right where the exhaust comes out at (bottom left of the right side fairing). see the extra length on the red f4i? im pretty sure that would have to be cut off

but it does look good! anyway to make the pipe a little shorter and the can a little longer to make it quieter?

________
Pure

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:54 PM

good find... i didnt even notice...

Old 08-11-2007, 07:27 PM

**** is hot bootleg you gotta get those for sale man!

Old 08-11-2007, 08:48 PM

i agree,ill get in line for one. they lookawesome...

Old 08-11-2007, 09:23 PM

Hey Axsys,

Good eye man. I had no idea about that. Not too sure of this pipe will fit or not. Definately looks like it will touch the fairing. As it is, with the 04-06 fairing, it's a tight squeeze. As for making the can longer and the pipe shorter, this is as short I can get with the mid pipe. Its basically just a bend at this point. I could make the can slightly longer but without much midpipe, it's just going to be loud no matter how much can I put on there. Haha. I'm going to put in a torque cone though. It should make it quieter and give the bike more backpressure.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:26 PM

Yo JDub,

I'll be taking this to my mfg on Monday to get a torque cone put in. If all goes well, I'll try and get a few pounded out. This uses the same bend as the other mid-pipe so it should be easy.

Tom

Old 08-11-2007, 11:35 PM

tight man sounds good!!!!!!11 im excited dude i cant wait

Old 08-13-2007, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: bootleg___

Hey Axsys,

Good eye man. I had no idea about that. Not too sure of this pipe will fit or not. Definately looks like it will touch the fairing. As it is, with the 04-06 fairing, it's a tight squeeze. As for making the can longer and the pipe shorter, this is as short I can get with the mid pipe. Its basically just a bend at this point. I could make the can slightly longer but without much midpipe, it's just going to be loud no matter how much can I put on there. Haha. I'm going to put in a torque cone though. It should make it quieter and give the bike more backpressure.
haha yea, when making a motogp-style exhaust for our bikes, its gonna be loud no matter what. suzuki and yamaha have a pretty complex system in order to get their motogps to be as quiet as they are. and +1 on the torque cone, i was gonna mention that to see if you had one or not. it probably wouldnt fit on my bike from the looks of it though, which sucks because it looks pretty sweet.i might design my own motogp with the extra exhaust i have layin around somewhere, but if that goes downhill, im goin with a bootleg___pipe___
________
Dc marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:43 AM

Would adding the cone make a difference on idle sound? When it was reved it sounded normal, But when it was at idle, it was sounding kind of rough.

Quick Reply: Bootleg Mini (GP Style) CF Pipe