F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Body Armor

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Body Armor

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

adjust your type of riding when you aren't wearing full gear
I'd feel better if I could also adjust the cagers' type of driving. In the meantime:

Daytona boots
FirstGear overpants
Motophoria leather or FirstGear mesh jacket (and I'm a little nervous about the mesh - I want to get perforated leather for hot weather)
Motophoria gloves
AGV full face helmet

Old 01-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all the people complaining about the heat, there are a few things you can do to mitigate the weather. You can get a mesh jacket. Although not as protective as leather, it will help keep your skin on. If a mesh jacket isn't an option, then try a perferated leather jacket. Don't buy all black gear. If you are trying to stay cool, it doesn't make sense to rock black gear. Step up to a better helmet. The top end helmets are usually designed for racing, which means they are light and have excellent air flow. They will be louder than a cheaper helmet, but since 60% of your blood travels through your head, keeping it cool will help with the rest of the body.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:12 AM

Arai Helmet, Icon Timax Jacket, Icon body armor, Icon Ballistic jeans, MotoGP gloves, and Gaerin Boots. I don't care how hot it is, my skin and well being is way more important than sweating a little.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

When you look like a Power Ranger, you're ready to ride.
Omg...i never looked at it that way lol

Old 01-18-2007, 11:15 AM

red icon jacket
black icon field armor
icon field armor boots
icon titainmax gloves
vega red/black helmet (need to get a new one)
and blue jeans

thinking about getting the icon legion helmet/jacket =] just cuz im azn

Old 01-18-2007, 11:18 AM

i live in texas so i know what you mean.. lol but i atleast always wear helmet/fieldarmor/gloves/boots/long pants.... i get a riders tan so bad its funny i get dark on my neck around my face were my visor is and on my arms it goes from my sleeves to my gloves lol! i rember one time i rode for so long i had a sun burn were my visor is on my helmet so were ever i went looked like i was blushing

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I am guilty of t-shirt riding with shorts and sneakers, it gets f***ing hot here in florida. Always a helmet though.

It is funny, I have 'crashed' (very low speed altercation with gravel) and was thankful I was fully armored. My crash was on one of those 'cloverleaf outings' and I knew I was going to push a little because I was riding with the local maniacs.

My advice is, wear as much protection as feasible, adjust your type of riding when you aren't wearing full gear, pray for cooler weather so you can wear your gear.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:47 AM

I can't believe how many more people I see riding in sneakers than boots. Almost any type of crash will hurt your feet and ankles with skateboard shoes, and if there's any amount of speed involved they're gonna come off your feet completely.

I try not to be a gear ****, but after you use it a couple good times and feel it work in a crash it's hard not to. I live in Texas and sweat my *** off all summer, but I know from experience how stupid it feels to crash and hurt yourself while not wearing gear and your jacket is sitting at home.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:34 AM

ORIGINAL: jay arr

I can't believe how many more people I see riding in sneakers than boots. Almost any type of crash will hurt your feet and ankles with skateboard shoes, and if there's any amount of speed involved they're gonna come off your feet completely.

I try not to be a gear ****, but after you use it a couple good times and feel it work in a crash it's hard not to. I live in Texas and sweat my *** off all summer, but I know from experience how stupid it feels to crash and hurt yourself while not wearing gear and your jacket is sitting at home.
+1. I don't take the woulda, coulda, shoulda approach anymore either.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:02 PM

Scorpion Rivet, Joe Rocket Mesh Jacket or Shift Leather Jacket, Shift Gloves (want to buy some new ones), jeans and steel toes. I always ride with gear. It gets hot here in Oklahoma in the summer, but I'd rather be sweaty than bloody.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:22 PM

Heres a little reminder I carry around to ALWAYS wear boots ! Something punctured my ankle (not sure what) and they had to cut it open to sew up the "bag" surrounding the joint. Luckily there was no infection, cuz I could have lost the foot. I was told that your body doesn't let antibiotics into the bag around the joint. Not sure if thats true or not, but the poss of losing my foot scared that sht out of me anyway !!

Quick Reply: Body Armor