CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Bikeskinz anyone?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/bikeskinz-anyone-101941/)

silverstonef4i 10-07-2009 06:48 PM

Bikeskinz anyone??

I saw in my superstreet bike mag they wrapped a bike and i thought it was pretty cool...they have added 01 cbr to the list of bikes their skinz will fit...anyone have any feedback or comments??

bikeskinz.com

Elfling 10-07-2009 07:10 PM

I like the idea, don't like the huge "bikeskinz" logo they put on all their stuff. I'd have to see it in person to see how good it looks.

Joey_f4i 10-07-2009 07:26 PM

I just saw their "Skinz", and personally it looks like a $400 waste.

They have "Gixxe-R" skinz, but no Honda anything?
They over-exaggerate on how perfectly-tight those skinz are going to fit on the designs.
They even photoshop in colored rims to add to the skinzs "awesome look".

With $4 bills, I'd take my tank and fairings to get a decent paint-job and clear coat.

Thats not including the shipping that goes into placing the order, and the labor for the professional installer (because no one can honestly put those things on perfectly the first time around) OH! And the extra $$$ for sections of the motorbike that you mess up on and have to re-order.

Not busting your chops or anything Silverstone.
Just my opinion and :icon_twocents: on these things, good luck with them if you decide to give em a shot, and take pics so we can see an actual finished product.

silverstonef4i 10-07-2009 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i (Post 845816)
Not busting your chops or anything Silverstone.
Just my opinion and :icon_twocents: on these things, good luck with them if you decide to give em a shot, and take pics so we can see an actual finished product.

i am skeptical as well but seems like a good idea if it works..the bike i picked up has some rash so just looking at options..always liked the sevenstars kit:icon_bike:..just seeing if anyone had given them a try

Joey_f4i 10-07-2009 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by silverstonef4i (Post 845819)
i am skeptical as well but seems like a good idea if it works..the bike i picked up has some rash so just looking at options..always liked the sevenstars kit:icon_bike:..just seeing if anyone had given them a try

Yea, I hear ya.:icon_wink:
If anyone has em' on their bike, or gave it a shot at installing em' , I'd like to see the finished product as well.

BTW, if the rash you have on your fairings is mostly on the decals, like a bud of mine that recently tipped over his F4i in a garage drop, Replicals.com makes some pretty decent replacements.
He put them on a few days ago, and they look pretty good.
Just an FYI.

R Dub 10-07-2009 08:42 PM

A family friend wraps cars for a living and when they are done they look perfect and pretty much last forever. The key to wraps is you need to find the right guy to do it otherwise it will look look awful.

chetman7 10-07-2009 09:19 PM

that looks really really nice...I love the look.

agent orange 10-09-2009 11:05 AM

Thought about doing that myself.. but for the price... not so sure its worth it.. might as well just get a custom paint job done. also check out tapeworks.com hey have some pretty cool stuff too but its about the same price..

2H company 10-09-2009 07:08 PM

wow, those look pretty good. I like it.

Although, the installing will be pretty pricey.