F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Which bike would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which bike would you buy?

Seems like the RR has the best reviews, so I voted for it, but the liter bikes are not all that much more... 08 honda has a changed look too

Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd pick the RR, but I wouldn't be complaining if I had an R6, either

Old 10-09-2007, 07:56 PM

out of those i would get the RR, I personally did't love the R6 like I expected to. I'm not anti Suzuki or anything but I dont want a gixxer for street ridin and I've had too many horrible experiences to buy another one. The RR seems to be a great bike but I haven't ridden one yet.
If another 600 is what your looking for, that's my suggestion but imo you should buy what want not just whatever popular opinion is. There is a bit of feeling and emotion involved in buying a motorcycle or at least there should be. My F4i and 600rr are good examples. The F4i I bought because I fell in love with it, but the RR was more of a logical decision. They are both great bikes but I dont think I could part with the F4i. The RR on the other hand is up for sale now and while it has been a great bike, I wont really miss it too much

Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 PM

I am a die hard Honda guy (drive and ride)....but I would have to stick with the 750 on this one! I really like the RR but I think the GSXR750 has more to offer in the > liter class. I have riden a 07 gixxer and they are a dream to ride!! Shifts perfectly and rides as smooth as a Cady! I love my F4i but when I decide to upgrade, I will be getting the gixxer. Although I have not riden a 07 RR...I have been on a 06....very nice bikes....but the 07 GSXR takes the cake. Plus, I wouldnt upgrade to get the same CC bike I already have! Just my .02

Old 10-10-2007, 07:44 AM

Thanks guys.... your comments are great.....I am going to look at the gixxer and the rr.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waterbrat-
You never stated why you were looking at a new bike, or what you'd plan to do with it. That's a factor for me to answer your question. There are strenghths (how do you spell that????) and weaknesses in each of them. But I would quicklly dismiss the GSXR600 from the list, no advantage there.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 750 is a different animal entirely, but might put you in a different insurance rate.. All those 600s are so close in performance that unless you're a very very good rider you won't be able to exploit the differences. So get the one that feels best to sit on, and whose looks you like best or that you just fall in love with. Like was said before, buying a sportbike isn't about rational decision-making.. Or if you really need to feel like you have a good reason for your decision, go for the one you get the best year-end deal on.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:53 PM

I have ridden a 04 750 and it was very comfy...i rode and 07 r6 and its the most uncofortbale 600 i have ever ridden. And my friend had ran his06 r6 at the track agianst mine and lost by .4 seconds..the zx6r are nice my buddy has a 07 green one. But the cream of the crop is ganna be the 07rr another one of my friends has one and its been down and its still the best lookin bike lol