CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Bike won't start helppp (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/bike-wont-start-helppp-104763/)

caddylicious 01-11-2010 06:22 PM

Bike won't start helppp

Heyy guys i just changed my battery like 3 weeks ago and my bike was running fine, i probably haven't started it for about a week and tried today and now it won't even power on or crank. I installed a security system, could this have drained the battery? or could it be another problem?

skoobydoobie 01-11-2010 06:49 PM

If there is no power to anything then I'd guess that something is draining your battery (like the alarm) or your R/R went out. If your gauges light up fine and then reset when you hit the starter, then your FPR coulda went bad and proly hydrolocked your motor. But I'd bet its electrical. Whatever you do DONT jump start it with a running car.

Kuroshio 01-11-2010 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by caddylicious (Post 872929)
Heyy guys i just changed my battery like 3 weeks ago and my bike was running fine, i probably haven't started it for about a week and tried today and now it won't even power on or crank. I installed a security system, could this have drained the battery? or could it be another problem?

Yes. Any remote device will require a small current to keep power to the radio receiver. And will drain the battery in the bike over time. My alarm has a sleep mode for long storage times exactly for this reason.

And my LED remote has taught me this lesson as well.

P.S.
Also, where do you live? Cold temp will affect your battery negatively as well. Before assuming anything is majorly wrong, take the battery and throw it on a charger. If it cold outside, let the battery warm up in the house overnight before doing so. A charger may incorrectly diagnose the battery as having a dead cell if the battery is extremely cold.

caddylicious 01-11-2010 09:18 PM

No gauges light up or anything i just see two A A signs on the bottom when i turn it on, than it disappears and nothing. ill check my battery first i suppose.

If it is my alarm draining my battery can i get rid of this problem by just starting the bike daily so the battery won't be as drained by the alarm? i heard batterys need to be started daily or they die.

Kuroshio 01-11-2010 10:00 PM

There's some debate on this but simply idling the bike won't charge the battery. Some say it will but most state the bike needs to rev higher for the stator (motorcycle alternator) to produce enough excess power to charge the battery.

You'll need a battery tender to keep the battery charged if it's not being actually run over long periods. I'm guessing your bike isn't stored in a garage and whereever you are, the weather is too poor for daily riding. Hence you wanting to keep the battery in and the alarm running.

caddylicious 01-12-2010 02:43 AM

Okay ill look into getting a tender. and yes it's stored in a garage and the weathers been nice, i live in hawaii. BUT i just took my MSF course and am in the process of getting my license and insurance so i can finally ride LEGAL so i took a month off. and i cant turn my alarm off, if i disarm it it rearms itself in 30 seconds.

caddylicious 01-12-2010 02:48 AM

btw do u think that buying a tender will and hooking it up to my battery will bring my battery back to life? i should be riding alot more since i'm grabbing my license and everything this week.