F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike Stolen! :(... but there is good news..

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bike Stolen! :(... but there is good news..

Woke up this morning for work, walked out with my gear and stopped dead in my tracks... "what the f$%*!"

I'm in flight training right now and had a big flight first thing in the morning so I only had time for a quick look down the road then had to take off in my truck (I called the cops to report it but they said until I could meet with an officer to get the report finished nothing could be done). Flight ended up cancelled so I called the cops back and we met at my place.

We ended up finding the bike just down the road, no damage, parked in another driveway inbetween a house and a sidewall (which is why I didn't see it driving by). I've seen a bunch of I'd guess 15-16 yr olds wander around the street looking at the bike so I'd be willing to bet it was them. (cops also said they were aware of some kids in the area that are up to that kind of thing).

Anyway, all's good now but makes me want to prevent it from happening again...
Anyone have an alarm system they'd reccomend? Just something that is loud would do the trick..

Old 08-05-2011, 05:40 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

$20 Disc lock should do...if some punks wants to push it away...Disc lock with a reminder cord link to your triple tree. I actually purchase mine use on eBay for $10...

Originally Posted by F4iTANG
Woke up this morning for work, walked out with my gear and stopped dead in my tracks... "what the f$%*!"

I'm in flight training right now and had a big flight first thing in the morning so I only had time for a quick look down the road then had to take off in my truck (I called the cops to report it but they said until I could meet with an officer to get the report finished nothing could be done). Flight ended up cancelled so I called the cops back and we met at my place.

We ended up finding the bike just down the road, no damage, parked in another driveway inbetween a house and a sidewall (which is why I didn't see it driving by). I've seen a bunch of I'd guess 15-16 yr olds wander around the street looking at the bike so I'd be willing to bet it was them. (cops also said they were aware of some kids in the area that are up to that kind of thing).

Anyway, all's good now but makes me want to prevent it from happening again...
Anyone have an alarm system they'd reccomend? Just something that is loud would do the trick..

Old 08-05-2011, 05:41 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Old 08-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Garage and big dog.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:00 PM

lol. Funny thing is we were actually taking care of a pitbull for the last month er so until just this week (figures).. but that being said he was a massive suck so probably would've just licked them to death.

And ya I guess a disc lock would do the trick. Thanks for the pic. Guess you just throw it under the seat when you ride eh?
I only just got the bike this summer and didn't think about theft being an issue... good thing it wasn't a serious theft I guess.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:13 PM

I always put mine on the back wheel as you cant damage the fender if you do try to ride off plus it makes it a lot harder for thieves to drag your bike off as lifting the front wheel is alot easier and if they lift the back they have the steering lock to deal with.
Saying that you really need to chain it to something immovable with a uncroppable chain.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:26 PM
February 2012 ROTM

True...the bright orange cord links from the lock to the triple tree next to ignition. So everytime I place the key in, see the cord and then remember about the lock. I would use the disc lock w/o a safety cord, it's so easy to forget you have a lock on the disc...

Originally Posted by Monkeh
I always put mine on the back wheel as you cant damage the fender if you do try to ride off plus it makes it a lot harder for thieves to drag your bike off as lifting the front wheel is alot easier and if they lift the back they have the steering lock to deal with.
Saying that you really need to chain it to something immovable with a uncroppable chain.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:30 PM
February 2012 ROTM

Yeah... Must of felt very sour...waiting up and your girl is GONE!!! Your lucky to get her back...In one piece. Guess don't really know how important she is until she's gone...WAT??? Sounds like my ex...LMAO...

Originally Posted by F4iTANG
lol. Funny thing is we were actually taking care of a pitbull for the last month er so until just this week (figures).. but that being said he was a massive suck so probably would've just licked them to death.

And ya I guess a disc lock would do the trick. Thanks for the pic. Guess you just throw it under the seat when you ride eh?
I only just got the bike this summer and didn't think about theft being an issue... good thing it wasn't a serious theft I guess.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Those cheap as hell Alarms that u can get off eBay that just work off vibration are actually perfect. I bought one for $30 expecting it to be useless but it's super sensitive and the remote works from a long way off and it's really loud