CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Bike starts fine, but dies in 1st. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/bike-starts-fine-but-dies-1st-104814/)

caddylicious 01-13-2010 05:47 PM

Bike starts fine, but dies in 1st.

Hey guys i just took my bike out for a quick ride today and as i brought it home i put it in neutral and opened the garage and when i shifted it to first to bring it in the bike died. I tried holding in the clutch and restarting it but it wouldn't start. So i put it back in neutral and the bike started fine but now everytime i shift into 1st the bike dies. Any ideas? :icon_hyper:

teko1020 01-13-2010 05:50 PM

Lift your kick stand?

letsride 01-13-2010 05:55 PM

Either your kick stand is down or safety switch is messed up.

hunterdogbr549 01-13-2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by caddylicious (Post 873524)
Hey guys i just took my bike out for a quick ride today and as i brought it home i put it in neutral and opened the garage and when i shifted it to first to bring it in the bike died. I tried holding in the clutch and restarting it but it wouldn't start. So i put it back in neutral and the bike started fine but now everytime i shift into 1st the bike dies. Any ideas? :icon_hyper:

Is the kick stand down?????:icon_doh:

Doughboy63 01-13-2010 08:41 PM

I remember when that happened to me the first time. I felt like the biggest dumbass in the world...

Not directed at the OP but this happened to me and looking back on it now is kinda funny.

PlayfulGod 01-13-2010 09:23 PM

+1 on the kick stand down lol, I hated when I did that n was calling all over about a clutch lol

2H company 01-13-2010 09:26 PM

Haha, I remember my embarrassing moment. A couple of friends invited me for a ride and at some point we decided to stop and check the route. After a couple of minutes of discussion we hopped on the bikes. I was a total noob, just one week after I purchased the bike. So, they are taking off and I'm trying too, but my bike is dying... they stopped, laughed and pointed down. Then I realized that my kick stand was down lol :)

And remember, when something is wrong, look for the most obvious problem there might be.

Kuroshio 01-13-2010 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 873528)
Either your kick stand is down or safety switch is messed up.

+1... on the switch :)

Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt seeing as he has been around since Nov ;)

caddylicious 01-13-2010 10:35 PM

OMG. LOLOLOL, i bought the bike in November that's when i came on here, but only rode it twice till now cuz i've just recently got my license a few days ago. I hate to say it but thinking back now i think you're right about the kick stand. (embarrassed) LOL, glad to here i'm not the only noob. Thanks for the help guys, MOD DELETE THIS THREAD! :D

PlayfulGod 01-14-2010 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by caddylicious (Post 873599)
OMG. LOLOLOL, i bought the bike in November that's when i came on here, but only rode it twice till now cuz i've just recently got my license a few days ago. I hate to say it but thinking back now i think you're right about the kick stand. (embarrassed) LOL, glad to here i'm not the only noob. Thanks for the help guys, MOD DELETE THIS THREAD! :D

well not a nooob anymore but we were all one once upon a time lol