F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike rebuild project, body questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010 | 10:58 PM
|
Default Bike rebuild project, body questions

I have a 02 f4i im rebuilding, needs a lot of work. Im lookin for plastics for it, lookin at used ones also was wondering about buying race plastics for street use? any input would be appreciated.

Old 03-28-2010 | 11:20 PM
July 2010 ROTM

you could use race ones if you wanted, but if you wanted lights youd have to fab some up or cut out a place for it. unless the race plastics had a place for them-but the ones ive seen dont. try delkelvic-i have heard nothing but good things about all of their products

Old 03-29-2010 | 10:07 AM
|

Hey thanks i have seen a few different race plastics, i noticed a lot of them have a two peice fairing, for quick access, im not to sure about that. I checked out that delkevic website and they have full street plastics for 300.00, and i think they are us based so that is awesome. i appreciate the help.

Old 03-29-2010 | 04:06 PM

delkevic are based in staffordshire(UK)....and those bodies are 300 pounds or about $490 dollars...

Last edited by morepsolrider; 03-29-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2010 | 05:04 PM

Just pick up plastics on Ebay. Bliss-star and Auctmarts are the sellers you want to get your plastics from. Why bother with race plastics? Don't pinch pennies and go buy some street fairings for your "street-use" bike.

Old 03-30-2010 | 06:58 AM
|

The delkevic.us said denver, i did see that there was a UK website. 299.00 before shipping and taxes so im guessing about 200 for that. What is the difference from the ones on ebay like the blistars compared to the delkevic ones?

http://delkevic.us/?section=shop&pro...erm=&order_by=

Old 03-30-2010 | 10:38 AM

assuming delkavic are OEM and ebay are chinese made knoockoffs, i would assume from my experience that the chinese are not quite as thick or quite as flexible. The other thing to note is whether they have the foam backing, because i think thats another hundred bucks for the foam backing kit. You should just grab some side panels and then paint all your plastics to match ....just my two cents

Old 03-30-2010 | 12:51 PM
|

That was my first plan, but the more in depth i got with this bike the more i noticed smaller things like, cracks in the plastic. I dont know how to fix things like that. It almost seems easier just to buy the delkevic oem plastics and paint them. It will not cost me anything to paint and i like to have a actual company to buy from more than a ebay store. Im still doing a lot of investigating and number crunching to see what will be the best choice for my budget.

Old 03-30-2010 | 02:37 PM

if you take your plastics off , you could probably get them fixed and painted for around a hundred dollars.it just seems silly to me to buy 400 dollars worth of plastics to have them painted when you already have most of the pieces. Small cracks are easy to fix , and shouldn't deter you from re-using your old plastics.

Old 03-30-2010 | 03:40 PM
|

Well those plastics are not really a correct fit, as you can see one or two of the pics, he has the front cowl zip tied on because of the wholes not lining up, also the seat plastic is barely on there for the same reason He told me the fairings taht came with the set didnt fit at all. I didnt think there was much i could do to really save the plastics i have. But the gas tank is brand new!

Quick Reply: Bike rebuild project, body questions