CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Bike is HICCUPPING, throttle cutting on and off (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/bike-hiccupping-throttle-cutting-off-103760/)

Unknown 12-04-2009 10:56 AM

Bike is HICCUPPING, throttle cutting on and off

Bikes been acting up lately. Its hiccuping. i would be holding the throttle steady, but it would cut on and off. It happened a few days ago, then i refilled the bike with new gas and it stopped. Two days later, it started hiccuping again. I know somethings up with the fuel injection. any one else experiencing/ed this?

Bently600 12-04-2009 12:32 PM

(Just a guess).... Maybe you just got a batch of really crappy gas... then when you filled up you diluted the junk so it ran well for a few days.... now you are near the bottom of the tank where all the crap has gathered and it is running like crap again.

MMMichael 12-04-2009 02:04 PM

I'm just guessing also, but it could be water in the gas tank and it is cycling it through the engine. OR my bike had a problem with the battery, whatever battery the previous own had put in it was the wrong size so the screws that hold the terminals on didnt fit or were stripped out or something so my negative terminal would make good contact, and it would occrasionally cut in and out. Thats just a guess....

-MMMichael

Unknown 12-04-2009 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by MMMichael (Post 862750)
I'm just guessing also, but it could be water in the gas tank and it is cycling it through the engine. OR my bike had a problem with the battery, whatever battery the previous own had put in it was the wrong size so the screws that hold the terminals on didnt fit or were stripped out or something so my negative terminal would make good contact, and it would occrasionally cut in and out. Thats just a guess....

-MMMichael

When you were having that problem would the clock on the gauge reset? cause mine keeps reseting each time i start the bike up since the problem started.

But i read a thread that sounded like the same problem, and the person used Seafoam. I went to my local auto shop and got me a bottle of it. Poured some in the gas tank, 10 minutes after the problem went away.

Incognito 12-04-2009 03:57 PM

Damn, Seafoam saves the day again! Did it fix your gauge resetting problem too!?

Unknown 12-04-2009 04:02 PM

The gauge problem went away. Now it starts up as soon as i hit the start button. I was surprised how fast the SEAFOAM worked. Highly recommended product.

(This is an edit. The next day it started to do the same thing but, not as bad as before)

teko1020 12-04-2009 09:58 PM

Had this same problem on the highway about 30 miles from home. I could feel the bike jerkin in the lower rpms then going about 70 the bike just gave way. Had to pull over and looked for a gas leak but nothing. Luckily it started back up and I rode that bitch in 4th gear all the way home so it wasnt in the low rpm's. Now she's naked and ready to be painted. Nice to know this might be the solution.

Incognito 12-05-2009 12:19 AM

Doesn't hurt to run some through there every once in a while as preventative maintenance.
Just sucks that it's so dang pricey.

MMMichael 12-05-2009 12:24 AM

Yeah, my gauges would reset themselves as well. But it wasnt like the bike was necassarily running poorly. i could just tell that power to it was getting cut. It was weird. But ive ran seafoam in all of my stuff and i swear by it. It is really good stuff for cleaning out the entire fuel system. (i've only ran it through the gas tank and not the crank case).

-MMMichael

Az1kF 12-05-2009 09:41 AM

Never used the stuff so if I try it, how much do you put if the gas tank & do you have to run out all the fuel?