F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike got Vandalized Yesterday....WTF.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike got Vandalized Yesterday....WTF.

Well i Park my bike at the front of my parking space at my apartment complex. and park my car in front of it. I have 3 eye bolts screwed into the concrete and use 3 different cable locks to lock it up and I cover it. well its been fine for the past year, never any problems. until yesterday i leave in my car to go to advanced auto to buy some wipers and I come back, bike was tipped over on the left side and the cover was lifted up on the right and it was all scratched up with a knife. I was gone MAYBE 10 min!! Also, my g/f was on the couch watching TV and u can see my parking space out of the corner of your eye from the couch. Yet she didnt hear or see a thing until she noticed me pulling back in the parking lot. Anyway, i figured if she had heard a noise she would have been able to do something, so i ordered a Xena alarm disc lock today and am looking into alarms. anybody know any good cheap ones?!?! I've been looking at the internatrix one. Anyone here have it? do you like it??
Im just completely puzzled as to how people/kids could be so ignorant!!!! AAARRRGGGG I'M PISSED!!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Bike got Vandalized Yesterday....WTF.

Total A$$HOLES!!! So sorry about that!

Old 05-29-2007, 06:21 PM

Sorry to hear... That's strange that nobody heard anything, if you flip170kg piece of metal over it should make some noise.

Not sure about cheap alarms, but I would go with something that has a perimeter sensor...

Old 05-29-2007, 08:17 PM

hmmm, you aint pissed off your girlfriend lately have you?

Old 05-29-2007, 08:40 PM

Prop a camera up on the window sill next time you leave the house!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: krash

lol

Old 05-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: krash

I was gonna ask the same thing

Old 05-29-2007, 09:20 PM

Hard to tell from your description, but it sounds like somebody pulled into your spot and hit your bike. That would explain why it was laying on its left side and damage from the impact on the right side.

My girlfriend rode her bike to my place and parked it out front in a public parking spot. We left her bike there for a day. When she went out to ride home, she noticed that it was in a different posistion in the parking spot. Turnes out, somebody thought she was parked there too long, so they decided to dump her bike, on both sides. They left her a nasty note telling her to move it or lose it. Just typing this story gets me pissed off. I was ready to curb stomp somebody over that.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 PM

well..... i already blamed her but dont think she'd actually do that. and yea we have been going at it lately for the last few months. shes actually my ex. but we are on the lease together so she stays there still too. I have plans of moving to NC june 15th. Long story short, we were together for 3 yrs, got in argument, she left went to parents house never came back (for 3 mnths), started doubting our relationship. end up liking this guy she works with, broke up with me, slept with him, then he decided to move back home to kentucky then she wanted to get back together with me, moved back in, and i know its only bc he used her and left and she felt bad/messed up. and i've always said NO ur a *****!! . now im planning on moving in the next 3 wks. however, things have been well between us until this, and I find it hard to believe that some kids/guys just walked by and did this. i still think it was her but i dunno....... wheeeww. now that i got all that off my chest... LOL thanks for listening.....

Old 05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

Prop a camera up on the window sill next time you leave the house!
This is a great idea, even if it is a fake one with a real blinkie LED. I've seen them out there pretty cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Fake-Video-Sec...QQcmdZViewItem

It is hard to imagine what kind of little scumbag would do something like that. Like Travolta said in Pulp Fiction..'it would almost be worth getting your car keyed just to catch them'.

Quick Reply: Bike got Vandalized Yesterday....WTF.